Eaton L2 home charging dock MSRP $700

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the Level 2 EVSE Eaton sold to rickmaz for $1075 was at the MSRP, or is Bestbuy going to mark it up even more.

I see a vendor selling them for $1,395.00 here
http://yourgreencontractor.us/?page_id=65
Eaton C-H Wall Mount SAR3BX000000 – $1395

Here I see the Town of Normal being quoted $1,479.00 each by Cresent Electric Supply Company.
http://www.normal.org/Gov/Council/AM/Re ... _11_07.pdf
SAR3BX000000 $1,479.00 EA
EVSE LEVEL 2 WALL 30A ; 18FT CABLE
EATON CORPORATION

I look over the code document for Electric vehicle charging units, NEC Article 625. It has regulations for inside and outdoor installations. Example outdoor/indoor electric supply unit height, connectors etc. Good information on your charging dock.

jjlink, thank you for the Article 625 link. I have a dedicated 120v circuit but just realized the connector is located 5' above ground level whereas the spec could be interpreted to mean that this connector be 18" - 4' above the ground, so I'll relocate the outlet before the Geek Squad does my inspection next week.

mvukovich11, thank you for all those EVSE links.

What's sad is that I could easily get by with 120vac and not the Level 2 EVSE if they'd allow for the full 15A available to be used by the iMiEV's charger instead of limiting it to 8A through their adapter.

I had my Leviton L2 EVSE installed last Monday by an electrical contractor. We took the 240v dryer circuit and extended it with conduit the the side-wall of the garage (and added a NEMA 6-20R outlet) so it would be close by the charge port on the car. It would have been better if Mitsubishi put the charge port on the front of the car like on the Nissan Leaf. However now with the EVSE close to the garage door I can also easily charge a Mitsubishi-i or a Leaf in the driveway.

Back