Considering/buying a 2012 with less than 2K

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, update on my little Jack, that some folks here on the forum helped nudge me over the edge and get... Nearly 10k in less than 9 months and NO GAS - WIN!!!

I just 'bumped' into the fourth Miev'r in the Portland area. With a 2012 black SE like mine, but without the quick charge option, which is fine for her b/c she never leaves town and commutes less than 3 miles. She got it off lease, out of the Seattle area (through the same CarMax lot I did) with less than 1300 miles on it. What a deal.
I totally geeked out!!
16472810_10211334139606246_8443147422119402619_n.jpg

First one I've noticed advertised below $5k, and with only 18,600 miles
http://www.baysideautosales.net/auto/used-2012-mitsubishi-imiev/15731892/
I think I spy a CHAdeMO release handle in photo #13......
If somebody not from Seattle wants it, I can EValuate in person for minor consideration. :ugeek:

jray3 said:
First one I've noticed advertised below $5k, and with only 18,600 miles
http://www.baysideautosales.net/auto/used-2012-mitsubishi-imiev/15731892/
I think I spy a CHAdeMO release handle in photo #13......
If somebody not from Seattle wants it, I can EValuate in person for minor consideration. :ugeek:
I can't tell if it has the CHAdeMO or not - but it hoes have the USB plug in! I had to order that from a mitsu parts distributor and install it myself.
I nearly have 12k on mine now - lovin nearly every minute - except the heater side of things...
then I remember I have never been to a gas station - and I'm loving it again!!!

That's a good find, Jay. Yes, it has CHAdeMO. Looking up the VIN, it has:

Quick Charge Package
USB Adapter
Cargo Package
Interior LED Package II (LED dome lights and blue floor lights :cool: ).

AACqM43c-JbAy0wwAfq-TZgsa

I found a rasberry. They bought it new in 2012 but live on the other side of town. That's 5 imievs in the PDX area. Might be the highest density per population count in North America ;-)

blackheart said:
That's 5 imievs in the PDX area. Might be the highest density per population count in North America ;-)
I suspect that would be Normal Illinois - Much smaller town with probably 10X as many iMiEV's

Don

I need to sell my 2012 I-Miev (white, standard issue, but has roof rack and bike rack/hitch, that has over 60K on it here in Honolulu (work car for many years, all over this island!!) and the dealer is putting in a brand new traction battery! What is a fair price? Any ideas? Aloha!

If it was me, I think I'd find some way to keep using it rather than selling it at this point. You may only get 1/6th or so what you paid for it, but with a new battery you could probably drive it another 60K . . . . or more - The first 60K cost you a fortune (40 cents a mile?) the next 60K would be essentially free, considering that 60K of gas and maintenance in any other car would cost more than you can sell it for now

If you must sell it . . . . $5K? Whatever your local market will bear. The 60k will scare a lot of buyers, but the new battery will be a real plus for an educated buyer. Good luck!

Don

Thank you for the feedback Don! I am picking up my new Chevy Bolt at the shipping docks next week, and have run out of parking stalls!!! I will ask $5,500 and see what happens. Aloha.

That's a good reason to sell. $5,500 is a very good price for a car with a new battery.

Enjoy your new Bolt :mrgreen: . Feel free to keep us updated on how the Bolt compares to the i-MiEV (to help indecisive people like me that can't decide between it and the Model 3 ;) ).

Back