Coda Electric cars available at rock bottom prices

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olagon

Interesting article up at http://www.earthtechling.com/2013/09/coda-electric-sedan-returns-like-a-bad-zombie/. You can buy a "glider" Coda car which is complete save the battery for $7,500. I checked in with the dealer listed and was told the confidential price for a new 2013 Coda with a 33 kWh battery. It's much lower than the crashed iMiev prices I've seen. Really considered picking one up but leaning no because:

1. No warranty.

2. two star front crash rating (4 overall).

3. Probably going to be hard to get parts and service.

But this could be an interesting option for folks.

Nothing interesting at that price when you can buy a new, running, warrantied I-MiEV for less then twice that price (even lower if you qualify for more then the Federal rebate). If you start to figure out how much a 30 KWH pack would cost you, you know why the Coda's are missing their's. And what do you really get if you went to all that trouble? If you read my posts, you understand that I am crazy---but even I wouldn't take a Coda unless the price was not just rock bottom, but somewhere under a rock :p !

siai47 said:
Nothing interesting at that price when you can buy a new, running, warrantied I-MiEV for less then twice that price (even lower if you qualify for more then the Federal rebate). If you start to figure out how much a 30 KWH pack would cost you, you know why the Coda's are missing their's. And what do you really get if you went to all that trouble? If you read my posts, you understand that I am crazy---but even I wouldn't take a Coda unless the price was not just rock bottom, but somewhere under a rock :p !

Totally agree...though my "under a rock" price point started to get piqued when a new car with a 31 kWH battery could be had for *significantly* less than I paid for my $16,000K after tax credit Miev. The more I drive my Miev, the more I appreciate this city design.

olagon said:
Interesting article up at http://www.earthtechling.com/2013/09/coda-electric-sedan-returns-like-a-bad-zombie/. You can buy a "glider" Coda car which is complete save the battery for $7,500. I checked in with the dealer listed and was told the confidential price for a new 2013 Coda with a 33 kWh battery. It's much lower than the crashed iMiev prices I've seen.....

So what WAS the price WITH the 33 kwh battery? :?:

And was/is the any possibility of a small (read "cheaper") battery?

Back