CODA charging time

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archie_b

If you ever think it takes a long time to recharge your i using the Level 1 120V charger, take a look at the CODA. The Level 1 120V charger that comes standard takes 36-40 hours to recharge the batterey.

Using a 6.6kW Level 2 240V charger reduces that time to 6 hours. Note that to get it recharged in 6 hours it is using a 30 amp level 2 charger. EPA range is 88 miles.

I really don't understand this car. Not very efficient, not very interesting looking, not much enhanced range, not an established manufacturer, not at all conservative battery tech, not very good price.

Just wondering - would a fan of the Coda make the case for it here? I'm curious what I might be missing.

Vike said:
I really don't understand this car. Not very efficient, not very interesting looking, not much enhanced range, not an established manufacturer, not at all conservative battery tech, not very good price.

Just wondering - would a fan of the Coda make the case for it here? I'm curious what I might be missing.

+1. This car has me totally baffled, whats the point of it? It's a Chinese model car (Hafei Saibo) manufactured in China. I know that will inflaim some but I'm not against the Chinese - just the way U.S. businesses exploit Chinese workers and their environment to get huge profits for cheaply made goods. I've been to China and seen some of these factories, its not pretty.

Back