Canadian 2016 model in the flesh...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonDakin

Well when I went in to have the AC looked at I saw 2 new 2016 premium models at the dealer. The technician told me that they would be getting more. It was nice to at least see a couple of new car at the dealers.

In 2013 I watched the sales numbers. I was hopeful that they would go up but it looks like Mitsubishi is only producing a couple hundred cars every year.

With such small numbers I am thinking that the car will either become a cult car or will just fizzle out pretty soon.

Its a bit concerning because without a significant amount of cars sold there will be less used imievs around for parts in a few years. Also there will be less people modding the cars and perhaps no traditional aftermarket parts.

I suppose that it could also go the other way with lease return values very low and people basically seeing the cars as unsupported and the values could drop like we are seeing with the 2012's. In that case whole cars could be purchases for less then the cost of a new AC compressor or the On board charger.

Hopefully the knowledge base of information will grow and we will be able to maintain these cars in the future. I would like to be able to drive the car for ten years at least.

Don....

Just curious Don - did you see them at the new Parkway Mitsubishi dealer?

In the past I found - the problem with parts cars is that it's always the same component that fails.- usually the expensive parts. :(

DonDakin said:
Its a bit concerning because without a s
ignificant amount of cars sold there will be less used imievs around for parts in a few years. Also there will be less people modding the cars and perhaps no traditional aftermarket parts.

I was hoping to keep ours for 6-8 years - we'll see.

Back