California owners ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead1961

My bride and I purchased a 2012 i-MiEV SE about six months ago. We love it. It is her daily driver and it's the car that we use almost exclusively on the weekends. I continue to be amazed that more have not been sold. In the half year that we have had the car, I have spotted just two other i-MiEVs in traffic. We live in Southern California and I'd think that if the i-MiEV sold anywhere, it would be here.

I'd be interested to hear from other LA / OC i-MiEV owners on this site. Feel free to reply here or PM.

Thanks!

I as most I-Miev owners, all wonder why they have not sold better. I live in EV town http://www.evtown.org/ which had 250 I-Mievs on the streets until the leases were up. The buy outs were no deals, so the numbers have dwindled. I am glad I bought rather than leased.

Dave
2012 Black I-Miev
2012 Black Prius

On this forum at least, I'm sure we have at least 3X or 4X as many California owners as we do from any other state - You won't have any problem finding fellow CA owners here. To the best of my knowledge, there are four iMiEV's in Mississippi . . . . and I own 2 of those

I too am glad I bought our first one rather than leasing . . . . but I'm REALLY glad so many people leased them for 2 years. True, they wouldn't let those who leased buy them for any reasonable price, but when those cars went to auction shortly after, there were some *super* deals on those cars. We originally bought a standard SE (no Nav and no DCQC) and paid right at $30K - The SE Premium with everything was stickered at about $35K at the time. We bought our second one, an SE Premium with 3,900 miles on it, not a scratch on it anywhere, complete with the remote for only $8700 from a dealer who had bought it at auction for $7500

Don

DaveMiller said:
...The buy outs were no deals, so the numbers have dwindled....
... and came from Illinois to California. My next-door neighbor just bought a flawless Raspberry that a dealer had brought post-lease to California. 12K-mile 2012 ES with CHAdeMO + Remote + new 8/12A EVSE + backup sensor(!) + cargo net. The individual my neighbor bought it from had owned it for less than a year but was moving and facing an impossible commute distance.

I'm Oregon,

But like you just got a 2012 and am IN LOVE with it.

it's my car, but my wife keeps asking if I want to drive her car... she trys to steal the MIEV at any opportunity

CraigJ said:
I'm Oregon,
it's my car, but my wife keeps asking if I want to drive her car... she trys to steal the MIEV at any opportunity

I have the opposite problem, wife never wants to take the iMiev, so I bought her a 2016 Volt, at least now we're getting some EV miles in.

That Volt is quite impressive, heavier than the iMiev, but gets about the same 4-mile/kwh. And the regen paddle, i keep reaching for it when i get in the iMiEV.

Back