BMW ActiveE

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlink

I had the opportunity to test drive a BMW ActiveE today. It was nice, interestingly in normal drive mode the re-generation is like driving the 'i' in "B" mode. I also noticed the forward creep when you take the brake off and in drive at a stop is much less than any other car I have driven (it barley crawls forward). The back seat appeared to have less leg space than the 'i'. At faster speeds it made a wining much louder than both the Leaf and the 'i'. Of course it has much more front seat room that the 'i' (like the Leaf). The few things I dd not like were the loud wine, the lack of rear seat leg room, and the rear view mirror which is oddly shaped (cutting visibility).

ah, never mind...you can only lease it...for two years. I guess they want to be able to snatch them back and crush them.

Yes lease only because its a test market vehicle not a production model. For example the batteries take up a large part of the trunk since its a conversion from a gas powered model.

We had an ActiveE at the Los Altos Hills Earth Day. 170hp motor and 32kWhr battery pack. What I question is the EPA rating for this thing - 102mpge combined. By contrast, the Leaf is 99 and our iMiEV is 112. I can't help thinking there is something fishy going on here, as the ActiveE I'm told weighs over 4000#.
ActiveESticker.jpg

Latest posts

Back