Back seat cover recommendation?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olagon

I hauled three (yes three) wood pallets in my miev today. Barely fit but it fit. When I took it out the wood caught the back seat and tore it...actually I tugged on it thinking it was stuck and ripped it. Anyway, am going to patch it and hope to find a back seat cover for it. Searched eBay. Nada. Anyone have a back seat cover?

olagon, sorry to hear of your seat damage. I'm afraid that I have no suggestions on how to repair/replace your seatcover other than getting a couple of inexpensive seatcovers and cutting off the seat portion. Specifically to protect the thin fabric of our seatbacks, I had added some lightweight rubber-backed carpeting: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8818#p8818

Tis a shame that most of the salvage auction i-MiEV have not resurfaced, except for Ben's raspberry, which he hasn't decided to part out, and then there's siai47 who has a salvaged i. Might want to ping him.

I just bought and installed AutoTrends rear bench seat protector which according to the box features waterproof nylon fabric, for rear bench seats, and easy slip on design. Price was reasonable at $19.99 in Canadian Tire and the Canadian Tire part number is 032-1426-2 I believe AutoTrends may be a Canadian Tire house brand but I am not sure. It was an in store, in stock, off the shelf purchase and is a greyish black. I have the Mitsubishi rubber cargo mat and intend on installing vinyl black runner on the back of the seats to keep that area decent when my wife hauls bags of dirt and crap to and from greenhouses and recycling. (I don't work for Canadian Tire!)

Mitzi is soon to be her car. I am just the lead mechanic and gofer on it. Mitzi is replacing her A123 converted plug in Prius.

Rocky

JoeS said:
olagon, sorry to hear of your seat damage. I'm afraid that I have no suggestions on how to repair/replace your seatcover other than getting a couple of inexpensive seatcovers and cutting off the seat portion. Specifically to protect the thin fabric of our seatbacks, I had added some lightweight rubber-backed carpeting: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8818#p8818

Thanks for sharing! Hole not too big. Bought some denim patches and just going to try and iron them on :)

jray3 said:
Tis a shame that most of the salvage auction i-MiEV have not resurfaced, except for Ben's raspberry, which he hasn't decided to part out, and then there's siai47 who has a salvaged i. Might want to ping him.

Thanks for the tip. siai47 actually proactively contacted me and wanted to help. People on this forum rock!

Rocky49 said:
I just bought and installed AutoTrends rear bench seat protector which according to the box features waterproof nylon fabric, for rear bench seats, and easy slip on design. Price was reasonable at $19.99 in Canadian Tire and the Canadian Tire part number is 032-1426-2 I believe AutoTrends may be a Canadian Tire house brand but I am not sure. It was an in store, in stock, off the shelf purchase and is a greyish black. I have the Mitsubishi rubber cargo mat and intend on installing vinyl black runner on the back of the seats to keep that area decent when my wife hauls bags of dirt and crap to and from greenhouses and recycling. (I don't work for Canadian Tire!)

Mitzi is soon to be her car. I am just the lead mechanic and gofer on it. Mitzi is replacing her A123 converted plug in Prius.

Rocky

Thanks! Do the seat covers fit ok? Possible to share a picture :)

Back