anyone willing to post a video of using the remote?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenBrown

still after 6 months haven't figured this out... I need a video example of setting the a/c to cool the car in the last 30 minutes of charging...

btw - one of the best purchases I've ever made

LOVE the car... even hauled woodshop equipment to its new location using Gregg!

BenBrown said:
still after 6 months haven't figured this out... I need a video example of setting the a/c to cool the car in the last 30 minutes of charging...

I'm not able to post a vido (the control IS quirky to operate so understand why you'd ask) but am willing to try to walk you through on the phone. Alex, 541-488-5683 Pacific time.

But I have to say I'm not at all sure you can do what you ask in that example.
I know you can, if your charger is robust enough have it simultaniously charge and cool.
And I'm PRETTY sure you could do the opposite.... have it cool first then charge.

Maybe some of the others here know.

Alex

With the level 1 cord that comes with the car, activating COOL will pretty much stop charging to run the AC. This is because the AC consumes the energy provided by the charger. With level 2, there is enough power flowing in to allow the AC to run and battery charging to continue, though at a lower rate (again, charger input minus AC usage nets the rest into the battery).

Are you trying to use the remote while charging level 1, level 2, or either?

BenBrown said:
...I need a video example of setting the a/c to cool the car in the last 30 minutes of charging...
Ben, when the i-MiEV is plugged into an active EVSE, the Remote allows for -
Setting the time delay until charging commences
Setting the duration of the charging
Activating the heating, defrosting, or a/c (this lasts for only about 20 minutes)

It does not have a feature whereby heating or cooling is a timed activation.

The well-known problem with the Remote is that it often gives an ERROR message when hitting the SEND button while the car is plugged into a 240vac EVSE. Most of the time, two or three SEND attempts result in success.

JoeS said:
It does not have a feature whereby heating or cooling is a timed activation.
Nor is there any provision for setting it to charge fully and then automatically switch to heating or cooling at that point. The only thing you can do is manually turn on the pre-heat/pre-cool using the remote and it will begin immediately and then terminate 20 minutes later

Don

Back