Anyone thinking of purchasing the new/improved 2014's?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FiddlerJohn said:
My wife will not drive our MiEV
Strange!

What reason(s) does she give?

My wife loves driving ours . . . . and occasionally we do the 'seat dance' too. She's pretty good about moving the seat back when she puts it in the garage . . . . it's nearly impossible for me to get in if she doesn't - I'm 6' and she's 5' 3"

Don

My wife unreservedly loves our iMiEV, named Mitsi. She considers it hers - although she does prefer that I drive the iMiEV instead of one of my Sparrows at night. Back on topic, more than once my wife has commented that she wouldn't mind another iMiEV (with CHAdeMO) in our stable - perhaps also to loan out to family members so they can experience the 'EV Grin'?

Don said:
FiddlerJohn said:
My wife will not drive our MiEV
Strange! What reason(s) does she give?
... Don
She likes driving her Jeep Liberty with infinite heating, cooling, range and her own Garmin GPS with her own Recent and Favorites. She doesn't drive often, maybe one or two short trips a week. It takes her four months to use half a tank of gas. We now use Shell premium because it last longer than the cheap gas I used to buy. Note that I am the one filling the tank.

// rant_on //About anxiety and risk:
1. I scare her with my excessive range calculations.
2. She gets anxious when she hears about The Turtle.
3. It seems to me that women are usually more cautious and more anxious than men.
4. Risk is much easier to accept when you are making the decisions. When I am her passenger, I get anxious. To make a left turn, she will stop in the left lane for an approaching car that is two blocks away without regard to the tail gating old dump truck behind us.
5. In most countries, for every 100 women that die before age twenty, three hundred men die. I think I know why. Half of that difference is about risk, but the other half is that women have better immune systems. Men die from pneumonia much more than women. // rant_off//

Back