anybody recognize this bolt?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melloyello

Hi everybody,

My main traction battery was replaced about 6 months ago under warranty, and yesterday I found this bolt in the trunk area under the carpet. I suppose the mechanic must have forgotten to install this bolt back to wherever it came from when they were putting my car back together. I'm going to go back and complain to them but I want to be as knowledgeable as possible before going. I looked around under the trunk at the charger and coolant pump, and I looked under the car at the main battery, but I didn't see any bolts that look like this or any holes that were obviously missing this bolt. Anybody familiar enough with the bolts in the car to be able to recognize it?

Thanks!

It doesn't look like it is to hold the battery pack in (I would expect those bolts to be much thicker). Maybe it is one of the bolts that hold the shielding in place?

How much surface rust is present on your car? Maybe it is one of the old bolts they forgot.

Looks like a used bolt to me. You could also check to make sure it is even metric- could be a refugee from personal hauling..

I would have to agree that the bolt doesn't belong to the car. Almost all, if not all of the bolts used in the I-MiEV have a flange style head on them. This is so there is no need to use a washer with the bolt when assembling the car. Even the few bolts that have a washer usually have a captured washer. Lord knows I took enough of them out when I took my car apart. It Looks like a hardware bolt. Are there any numerical markings on the head of the bolt? If not, it might not even be metric as others have said.

Back