Any idea on lease rates

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatedad11

Although my I-MiEV does not come up for lease turn-in until the end of the year, I am starting my search for its replacement now. I have been looking primarily at 3 cars: 2014 I-MiEV, LEAF and the Volt. The I-MiEV, to no one's surprise(since Mitsubishi already announced the price) has the lowest purchase cost. LEAF and Volt are actually close in price(due to some incentives from GM). My goal is to get the lowest monthly payment with the lowest(preferably zero) up front cost. Has anyone heard any rumors about lease deals on the 2014's? I was able, in Jan 2013, to get a decent rate. From what I have seen, the crazy, low lease days are over. OK, no issue with that, all good things eventually come to an end. However, I'm still looking to stay in an EV and at the best cost to me. Assuming that the $23,000 pre rebate price stays, any guesses on what kind of lease deals we will see? And, when might we see such deals? As a side note, is it common for the finance company to try to retain you as a customer on a follow up lease? Do they offer incentives or is that wishful thinking?

Thanks,
Lou

Until we hear something direct from Mitsu, any 'ideas' about any lease deals will be pure speculation - I wouldn't pay much attention to any of them

I believe the incredible lease deals in late 2013 were a last ditch effort to move unsold cars and since the 2014's will be built in far fewer numbers, I really doubt we'll ever see anything like them again. Mitsu was offering a $10K discount to sell those cars and I suspect the super low lease rates incorporated that $10K off the car, which is what made them possible. Those days are long gone I think

Don

Back