Administrative Update

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
This myimiev.com Forum has become a popular and respected iMiEV source of information, with notably knowledgeable and respectful participants. For that we are all grateful and I wish to thank all of you for the great inputs.

With the recent influx of new iMiEV owners, it has become apparent just how difficult information retrieval has become. The Search function of this BBS is admittedly somewhat limited, and it's always hard to find those jewels buried in Off-Topic discussions. Even using Google http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9714#p9714 doesn't always work.

To this end, your Moderators are about to take a number of steps -

First will be top-level and second-level categorization changes to enable us to more-easily zero-in on Topics. We'll be doing this gradually, being very careful not to lose any of the existing Posts as we move them into the appropriate pigeonholes. This process will undoubtedly take quite a few weeks. After that, we'll work on the development of an iMiEV FAQ. Appreciate everyone's patience during this transition, although I would not expect any disruption to the everyday postings.

As always, to stay in touch with the latest posts, click on "View Active Topics", and if possible do try first looking for an existing Topic to piggyback-onto before opening up a new one.

Stay tuned, and we'll try to communicate the changes as they occur.

As some of you may have noticed, we've taken our first baby-step: the first major Section (formally called a Category) of this Forum has had its subcategories renamed. All previous posts have been left intact and now your moderators will be going back and relocating topics (threads) and their posts as needed. The title Mitsubishi iMiev Forum - perhaps better thought-of as a "General iMiEV Discussion", is left intact for the time being to ensure "iMiev Forum" is still findable. Note the creation of a iMiev FAQ which we hope to utilize for concisely addressing specific common questions.

After the initial cleanup is done, we will work on the next section and plan on coming up with iMiEV-specific subcategories for topics that have been popular during the life of this Forum.

Stay tuned.

In case any of you were wondering, this iMiEV BB nomenclature and its pecking order are as follows:

Mitsubishi iMiev Forum Home
***Category
******Forum (strange place to have this word, but that's what they call it)
*********Topic (we also call it a Thread)
A proposed change is currently being discussed amongst the Moderators for the purpose of making it easier to locate Posts.

Within the Mitsubishi iMiev Owners Category, we presently have four "Forums":

* General / Main Owners Forum
* Technical Discussions
* Modifications & Accessories
* Suggestions for Mitsubishi

Within the Technical Discussions "Forum", we are considering the addition of SubForums, with these Titles being suggested:

* General Technical Discussions
* Battery
* EVSE (Charging Stations)
* Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - Climate Controls - Remote
* Wheels - Tires
* Suspension - Handling
* Driving the iMiev - Range - Energy Efficiency

After creating these SubForums, we would then go back and move existing Topics and their Posts into the appropriate SubForums.

I welcome suggestions for either changing these SubForum Titles, adding Titles, deleting Titles, or forget the whole thing and leave well enough alone :roll:

OK, the change has been made. All the existing Technical Discussions Topics and their Posts have been left in the General Technical Discussions, and your moderators will now be moving those Topics (threads) into their appropriate SubForums within Technical Discussions. Here are the new SubForums:

* General Technical Discussions
* Batteries and Battery Management
* EVSE (Charging Stations)
* Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - Climate Controls - Remote
* Wheels - Tires
* Suspension - Handling
* Driving the iMiev - Range - Energy Efficiency

Bear with us, as it will take a bit of time to get everything moved over. In the meantime there should be no impact on any existing Topics or Posts except for their location.

Last night, did a first-cut and moved around 250 Topics, individually, into their appropriate SubForums.

Subsequently, made a couple of minor SubForum Title changes:

1. Added CAN to the Instruments, etc., SubForum, so it now reads Instruments-Radio/USB/Nav - CAN - Climate Controls - Remote

2. Added Operating Cost to the Driving, etc. SubForum, so it now reads Driving the iMiev - Range - Energy Efficiency - Operating Cost

In the process, uncovered a whole bunch of technical Topics that had been hidden in some strange places; for example, there were a number of specific technical questions posted in the News Category ... no wonder I couldn't find some that I had known to exist! :eek:

I'll be going through all the Categories again to clean things up a bit more, and if anyone finds a misplaced Topic please send me a PM so I can make it right.

One item I'm struggling with are all the superb posts about Winter Driving and where would be a good place to put them and do they perhaps deserve their own SubForum?

Next will be tackling the Modifications and Accessories, as with 87 Topics it might be getting a bit bloated and perhaps a number of SubForums there would help.

One area that stands out are the many excellent posts within unrelated Topic headings; thus my request for all of us to try to stay on topic but do feel free to start a new thread if a crazy new subject hits your fancy. Oh, and it helps to have Topic Titles be descriptive - I took the liberty and altered one or two titles so they made sense.

With these changes we'll hopefully be able to find things just a little bit easier... :geek:

Just would like to say
What a great job you moderators are doing and how much improved the forum is with the reorganization.
Thanks for your hard work :D

Thank you, sandange.

Recently, the site owner ("Admin") and at least one other Moderator felt that subdividing the Modifications and Accessories Forum was perhaps premature, but are certainly open to it in the future. No problem for now, and we'll simply pay attention and maybe revisit this if that Forum gets too large.

On a Cold Weather topic,
RobbW said:
...I had originally tried doing a search here for "cold weather" and other various term combinations, but it seemed no matter what I put in, I always got a silly error stating that my search terms were too common. Go figure! So, I started just scanning the pages of thread titles for anything that sounded vaguely related to cold weather driving. Most of the threads on that topic must be several months old as I didn't see too many of them within the first couple pages of topics.
With the large emphasis on Cold Weather driving, should we perhaps start a separate SubForum (in Technical Discussions) and move all the cold weather topics into it, or perhaps move all the existing Cold Weather topics into Driving the iMiEv within Technical Discussions? One of the problems is that so many excellent cold-weather posts are buried in unrelated Topics (threads), and it's simply too time-consuming to ferret them out. Open to suggestions.

I, for one, would love to see a separate forum dedicated to the i-MiEV in cold weather, whether it be driving, modifying, insulating, or tips/tricks. Owning and driving the i-MiEV in cold weather is going to be a big concern for many of us. Having to hunt down cold weather posts in all the different forums is time consuming. I would appreciate one place to aggregate anything related to cold weather. Thanks.

Back