Admin: New Forum Software (18 December 2023)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
I'm afraid that our new forum software has caught us all off-guard.

I've asked the Admin to introduce the changeover and discuss the changes and any issues.

For example,

My first attempt at clicking on a link to another post on this forum was unsuccessful.

Looks as though we will now be able to post photos directly.

i like the preview when you mouse over a topic.

i like that we can give a thumbs up to a post.

i like the dark mode page style (bottom left to select).

i really like how easy it is to add a picture.

i miss the little jelly bean at the top of the page.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 11.23.45 PM.png

Last edited:
I miss the car at the top, too.

The similar threads feature should come in handy, but I’m definitely going to have to learn to read the date before clicking on an unread thread.

Sorry everyone! Let me get on top of fixing all the various issues then can chime in with more details. I am converting quite a few forums all at once.

Many but not all links from post to post seem to now land at the start of the thread containing the destination post. The problem seems to be something to do with the anchor part of a URL, i.e. the part after the # character.

In some cases this is no big deal, but some threads are at 64 pages and increasing. A case in point is the very active Troubleshooting and Repair for On-Board Charger (OBC) thread:
https://myimiev.com/threads/troubleshooting-and-repair-for-on-board-charger-obc.4079/The first few links are good, perhaps the original poster (Kiev) edited the links during the time we're allowed to edit posts. The first obviously bad link has the word ZetaFunction.

The first post is an index into relevant posts throughout the thread, so either the links need to be auto corrected somehow, or preferably we need infinite edit time, so that the index post can be extended as new information is added.

If we can't have this, we'll have to construct an index on another forum where infinite editing is allowed, which is obviously not ideal. We had infinite editing on the older forum software, and it didn’t seem to result in any problems, at least that I'm aware of. Maybe you could restrict infinite editing to members that joined over a year ago, or who have made say 100 posts ir more, if editing has indeed caused problems that I'm not aware of.

Back