A Non-OEM parts list?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyflyjohn

As our Mievs age, various parts need to be replaced. Windshield wipers, tires, and 12V batteries come to mind immediately. My experience with car dealers is that they charge an arm & a leg when these things are purchased there. One example is antifreeze for GM cars. The dealer wanted $50 a gallon for an equivalent that could be purchased at an auto parts store for $4.95.

I wonder if we established a "sticky" where we could list OEM equivalents and their source for the convenience of all? Other items for inclusion could be "accessories" which work well with the Miev - such as seat covers.

What do you think?

Adding a 'database' of good deals is always a good thing I guess

I have no idea what any dealer charges to service any make or model car, since in my 45 years of doing my own car maintenance, I've never bought anything from them - I buy OEM Mazda parts from an online dealership in Alabama for right at 50% of what my local dealership wants for the same item

When I need something car related, I do an Internet search for part numbers and prices and if I can buy the item locally at a semi-comparable price, I do . . . . otherwise, I buy on-line and add the parts to my stash

Nobody could ever sell me a $50 gallon of antifreeze . . . . or a $350 brake job for that matter

Don

Don

Good idea Don. I wonder if there is a place that sells OEM Miev parts at such a discount?

Yeh, the $50 antifreeze went right back to the shelf and I beat it out of there. Gee, with such high part prices, I wonder why GM went under. :roll:

http://www.mitsubishiusaparts.com looks like they might be a wholesaler of OEM parts - Worth comparing their price with whatever your dealer quotes at any rate

Don

Back