Won't Start After Fast Charge (RBS, Electric Motor Warning, Battery Lights)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avanti

Just charged at an EVGo Fast charging station using Chademo connector on my 2016 IMiEV. I had 5 bars. The charge was interrupted twice due to "Communication Error". I gave up at 82% but when I tried to start, I got the RBS, Electric Motor Warning and Battery lights. See photo.

12 volt battery is new. I tried disconnecting it and reconnecting in hopes something would reset but problem remains.

Car has 26k miles.

What happened?

Attachments

• 20240303_194648.jpg
    20240303_194648.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
Hello, sorry to hear about your troubles

During a CHAdeMon session the 12V aux battery isn’t topped up and if your OBC isn’t working correctly it could be worth to try to jumpstart it with an external source.

Other than that you would need to connect an OBD dongle and read out the fault codes with an app to get an idea what exactly the issue is.

Mickey

Hello, sorry to hear about your troubles

During a CHAdeMon session the 12V aux battery isn’t topped up and if your OBC isn’t working correctly it could be worth to try to jumpstart it with an external source.

Other than that you would need to connect an OBD dongle and read out the fault codes with an app to get an idea what exactly the issue is.

Mickey
I'll check the 12V battery is topped up. What OBD Scanner and app is best for the I-MIEV? I have a Samsung Android.

Thanks!

Back