Sold / Withdrawn Sold: 2012 i-MiEV SE near Philadelphia $4995

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold / Withdrawn

ctromley

It's time to move on from my beloved i-MiEV. (We now have an Ioniq 6 in the garage for electric powered road trips.)

Condition is very good with 43,900 miles on the clock. Exterior is white pearl with blue trim. Body is straight and ding-free and has the expected random rock chips here and there. (Properly touched up with primer, base, pearl and clear.) Worst exterior problem is a little rash on the right front wheel from bumping a curb. Interior is "brown" (actually black with some very dark brown in places) and in excellent shape. Custom-fit rubber floor mats included.

This does not have the Premium package, so no navigation or CHAdeMO.

The battery pack seems to have not degraded much at all. 62 miles is the original EPA rating in mixed driving. My RR meter seems to be pretty representative, and it shows mid- to high-50s on a full charge - even though I'm running Yokohama tires that have been shown on this forum to cut about 10% of range. And I live in a hilly area.

All recalls are up to date and there was an airbag sensor problem that was fixed free. The only other issue was a charger failure that happened after Mitsubishi's extension of the warranty ran out. I fixed it myself with the expert guidance of @kiev, @coulomb and others on the charger repair thread here. All parts known to have contributed to these failures were replaced with upgraded components, and a new 12V battery was installed for good measure. It's been dead-reliable since.

Even in today's world of 250+ mile EVs, the i-MiEV is unbeatable as a short-hop city car.

Bumping this post and embarrassed to admit I didn't check out the market thoroughly. I'm also competing with used Nissan Leafs, which go for considerably less. Price dropped accordingly.

Bumping this post and embarrassed to admit I didn't check out the market thoroughly. I'm also competing with used Nissan Leafs, which go for considerably less. Price dropped accordingly.

Leaves grow on trees. Someday, the i-MiEV is going to be a collectors' item.

Someday.

Back