Please sign the petition for a national charging infrastruct

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucedp

I support this petition and have signed it. This petition is an easy way to show our Government that better planning and coordination is needed as to what type of EVSE and where EVSE is located (Fed Gov funding not just thrown around anywhere, but a plan for contiguous public EVSE so all drivers can get a charge and reach their destination).

Please see my post on this topic on the evdl.org (the mother of all EV discussions)
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Drivers-petition-for-national-L3-quick-charging-infrastructure-tp4664693p4664702.html

I envision that a public EVSE station would have both L3 and L2 EVSE. This would provide charging for all plugins, from Tesla's to pih/phevs, and yes, even those conversion EVs that have upgraded to charge off J1772.

Some drive had posted that non-long-range/non-Tesla EVs should not be used for long distance traveling. But there are other reasons to have this EVSE network other than that one notion.

Those that buy or lease a short range EV, the majority of their charging is likely going to be at home, and or at work. But the occasional jaunt may see the need to use a public EVSE station. But a driver might miscalculate, and that well established public EVSE station is the one place a tow truck driver knows to take the plugin. Or with the severe lack of Combo L3 infrastructure, Combo capable EVs can always get a charge where there are J1772.

I am also thinking that these public L3 & 2 EVSE stations would invite Tesla to install their EVSE as well. Tesla would decide if it would install a supercharger and or standard Tesla EVSE, and if the location worked for their purposes.

The petition gives the opportunity for citizens to show their desire for a well laid-out network of public EVSE.

So, please sign the petition and give your support
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/create-fast-charging-network-wide-scale-adoption-electric-vehicles/zf0nNH7b

Thanks for reading,

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter
brucedp.150m.com
(Near Silicon Valley, south of SF, CA USA)

Back