My 2012 i-miev not working

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priit271

Hello everyone,

My car(2012 i-miev) does not go to ready and does not move.
I get the yellow exclamation mark light and error codes: U1426, U1116, U1111, P1A21, P1A20, P0A44, P0A43
The gear indicator works normally.
My car fault came overnight, after charging in the garage.
First, I checked the motor connectors, but everything seemed ok.
Any ideas?

What is the age and condition of the aux/starter battery up front under the hood?
What is the voltage when the key is OFF, and then when in ACC and ON position?

An old, weak or worn out battery can cause numerous faults such as you experienced, especially the "Uxxxx" codes which are due to lack of communication on the serial CAN Buss.

What is the age and condition of the aux/starter battery up front under the hood?
What is the voltage when the key is OFF, and then when in ACC and ON position?

An old, weak or worn out battery can cause numerous faults such as you experienced, especially the "Uxxxx" codes which are due to lack of communication on the serial CAN Buss.
The 12v battery is 3 months old. I changed when I was already on the road due to an old battery. And if I quickly turn the key several times acc and off, I get the ready light. But the light with the yellow exclamation mark is on and the car does not move. Also, when I charge a car, it charges a large battery and also the voltage of the 12v battery is 14.4V.

The HV error (car with yellow !) will prevent the car from going to READY, which is likely due to the "Pnnnn" codes. And that many P codes is likely due to the many U codes.

But we still would like to see voltmeter readings; even with a 3-month old battery we have seen this reported on the forum hundreds of times, and the culprit was due to an old, weak or worn out or depleted battery.

Does the fuel gauge show that the pack is fully charged? Will the car charge if plugged back into the EVSE?

The HV error (car with yellow !) will prevent the car from going to READY, which is likely due to the "Pnnnn" codes. And that many P codes is likely due to the many U codes.

But we still would like to see voltmeter readings; even with a 3-month old battery we have seen this reported on the forum hundreds of times, and the culprit was due to an old, weak or worn out or depleted battery.

Does the fuel gauge show that the pack is fully charged? Will the car charge if plugged back into the EVSE?
When the key is OFF, then is the voltage 12,62; when ACC then 12,53 and when ON, then 12,31.

I also tried by putting the jumper cables from a 1 month old skoda kodiaq(72ah) battery, but still the same. Then the voltage was 12.7v.

Yes, the fuel gauge show that the pack is fully charged. And the car charge if plugged back into charger(yellow ! on), but the battery needs to run down a bit before.

You might try running the heater or A/C to drain the pack some, if it will allow it. With the HV error it likely won't start or charge or allow heater.

Check for the DTCs again and try to clear if possible, see which ones remain.

You might try running the heater or A/C to drain the pack some, if it will allow it. With the HV error it likely won't start or charge or allow heater.

Check for the DTCs again and try to clear if possible, see which ones remain.
If I quickly turn the key several times acc and off, I get the ready light and I can use A/c and heater.
And then the car also charges after, but the exclamation mark light is always on.
I have tried clearing the error codes but the same error codes still remain.

So the "U" codes have never gone away even with a good strong battery?

In that case i suspect rodent damage of a wiring harness or corrosion of contacts in a connector. Inspect and find the issue or verify that the wiring and connectors are good. Look under the rear seat and trace out from there.

The U codes could be causing the P codes, and the P codes are triggering the HV error ( ! )

U1426 - Motor speed signal error
The EMCU signal is sent to Active Stability Control -ECU via the CAN bus lines
Malfunction of EMCU
Malfunction of ASC-ECU
U1116 - Can't find this one
U1111 - Display CAN time-out/Not equipped ETACS-ECU error code
P1A20 Motor Speed Error (EMCU)
P1A21 Motor resolver output value error (EMCU)
P0A44 Motor Speed Anomaly
P0A43 Motor resolver open/short circuit

Last edited:
Back