KommyKT

Re: Decyphering iMiEV and iON CAR-CAN message data

CZeroOwner wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 pm In my post above on conversions I show the battery 100% capacity in Ah as PID 374 byte(7)/2. (PID 374 also contains the SoC.) This conversion gives a value for the capacity with a resolution of 0.5 Ah. However CaniOn and EVBatMon both report the battery Ah capacity with a resolution of 0.1 Ah. I guess that these apps use another PID with the capacity coded in two bytes. I haven't been able to find these bytes. Does anyone know where they are and how they can be converted to the capacity?
This thread show how to get data: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/vi ... =10&t=1796
CZeroOwner
Gold Member

KommyKT wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:49 am This thread show how to get data: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/vi ... =10&t=1796
Hi KommyKT Thanks very much for this information. Cheers David
kiev

This is like peeling an onion. May be old news for some folks, but it's new to me.

It appears that "anko" from the mitsubishi Outlander PHEV forum has figured out a method to send a query request to the BMU to access the BMU Data Items List which is mentioned in the FSM when using the MUT tool.

This seems to be a different approach than that of Canion and other apps which read CAN PIDs over the OBDII port.

anko shared his findings with zzcoopej from Australia, who developed the EvBatMon app which is available for the phev and miev on his website at evpositive (.com).

i could see the value of being able to send a query request to some of the various ecus for troubleshooting, to read DTCs and stored values, etc.

more layers to peel...
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Return to “Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - CAN - Climate Controls - Remote”