What Remaining Range Are Owners Getting On Their 2012 Cars?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veimi

I am aware that Remaining Range RR depends on previous driving conditions.

After a full charge, the most Remaining Range on my 2012 that I bought used in 2017 with 50,000 Km (30,000 miles) on it was about 120 Km (72 miles).

During Covid the car has not been driven a lot but has always been left sitting with about 50% charge, never fully charged.

On my last 3 full charges I am getting a consistent RR of 72 Km (43 miles) which is significantly less than my maximum of 120 Km. No heating or air conditioning had been used.

I was curious how this compares with cars of similar age and mileage.

veimi, I suspect that ambient temperature might significantly affect the full-charge RR.

My wife's car, purchased used, still has the original battery, is at 78K km (almost 50K miles). CaniOn shows 31.4Ah, and she typically shows RR≈50 miles (80km) on a full charge over this last winter with air temperatures around 50°F (10°C). She commented recently that she's getting better range now that the ambient temperatures are up around 70°F (21°C).

In reality she doesn't plan to drive much over 35 miles on one charge, and has learned the gentle art of opportunity charging whenever she stops, if at all possible.

My i-MiEV received a new pack seven years ago but it's RR is meaningless as I'm a leadfoot and pay little attention to efficiency in most of my local driving. Let's just say that we take my car if we need to go on intermediate-length trips as it does much better than hers, although we now resort to taking the Tesla for even slightly longer trips (that in the past we would have taken the i-MiEV) due to CHAdeMO station availability anxiety. :cry:

Back