USB playback not working right>

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efgal

I got my new MiEV a couple days ago and I'm really quite happy with it. I'm not sure, though, if I'm reading the information wrong or something isn't working right with the radio. I have a flash drive with all my music on it, sorted by artist folders & then albums within. I know how to search for & play a particular album or track, but sometimes I just like the idea of the system randomly picking the next song for me. In the literature for the USB port system it refers to switching between different modes of "repeat" and "random", etc, with a code displayed at the top right of the display telling you which one is currently selected. This is the simple non-nav version of the radio, by the way. Problem is, I can't get it to change to a different mode! Actually, I did seem to get it to change a couple times, but only a couple out of many that I supposedly changed it. It says to press the Menu button until you hear a beep, scroll through the mode options & then press Menu again, until you hear a beep, to confirm the change. That's what I'm doing each time & yet the mode doesn't actually change. Is there something simple I could be doing wrong? Or could my brand new radio be defective? I don't think it's a defective flash drive because otherwise it plays the music quite well, and I also tried it with my iPod Touch- with that I only get two mode options & can't change it with that in play either, so that's not any better. Thanks!

Back