What do these lights mean?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwauken

A local tire shop removed and tested for leaks in my back right and front left tires. The tires were put back on the car and as I was driving home I saw three dashboard lights come on that I've never seen on before.

RBS
ABS
an orange skidding car icon

I don't have an owner's manual for my 2012 iMiEV. Does anyone know what these mean?

https://imgur.com/a/GreFMi2

Thanks,

Ken in Milwaukee

Did you verify that they reinstalled the correct tires on front and back? With the rear tires larger than the front it would maybe mess up the sensors if the wrong size is on front and back.

Good luck.

Usually what those lights mean is you have a mismatched pair of tires - Very interesting that you have those 3 warning lights immediately after they took off one front and one rear tire - Did they repair the rear tire or replace it? If they replaced it, you should double check to see if it's the exact same size tire as the other rear one, because if it's not, that would cause those 3 lights to come on. If your back left tire was worn down quite a bit and they only replaced the right one with a new tire, that might even cause the problem - The car is very sensitive that the rear pair and the front pair are identical in size, side to side *and* that the ratio of the size different front to rear is maintained. Many of us who have payed around with different sized tires have learned this the hard way. :lol:

It's good practice to replace tires in pairs, no matter how little the one remaining one is worn. I blew a front tire when I hit a chunk of concrete that had fallen from a truck directly in front of me and I replaced both front tires with new ones - Even a different brand of the same size tire on one side and an OEM tire on the other side could potentially cause a problem

A rear tire bolted on the front wouldn't turn - It would be pressing on the strut tower because it's way too wide. I'm not sure about cars with steel wheels - I assume they are the same, but for cars with alloy wheels, you couldn't even get it to bolt on because the wheels (front and rear) have different size center bores and there is a steel collar on the front hub which prevents the rear wheel with it's smaller center bore from even fitting on the hub

Don

Back