i-bargains

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one in LA. Auction is tomorrow (25 Mar). https://www.copart.com/lot/31923970

Andrew

I purchased a salvaged blue 2014 from IAAI Seattle this week, Vin ending in 24981, license plate BKJ3501
Anyone know the backstory on this car?
I'll be hauling it on Monday, and if you need parts, send a PM or email me jray3 at a o l
I won't ship the battery, it is reserved either for my mother's car or a paying customer that can get their car to Seattle.

Cheers,
Jay

jray3 said:
I purchased a salvaged blue 2014 from IAAI Seattle this week, Vin ending in 24981, license plate BKJ3501
Anyone know the backstory on this car?
I'll be hauling it on Monday, and if you need parts, send a PM or email me jray3 at a o l
I won't ship the battery, it is reserved either for my mother's car or a paying customer that can get their car to Seattle.

Cheers,
Jay

Have you thought of a price for the 2014 pack assuming a paying customer?

We just bought a third one - A 2012 SE Premium in Raspberry which had sat unsold on a dealers lot for 3 months . . . . with gas here at $1.60 a gallon, they're not big sellers right now :?

When we bought our SE brand new in May of 2012, the dealer had a purple one, but since it was a Premium, it was about $4k more than the SE we bought, so I used that as an excuse not to end up driving a purple car for the next 10 years!! :lol:

From what I've seen over the years, the vast majority of the SE Premiums went unsold and were eventually turned over to the lease program and that made them true bargains because when they went to auction and were subsequently sold, nobody knew they were more desirable (and should bring more) than the ES's - In fact, many Premiums (including this one) were advertised as ES's when they were acquired by a dealer

Won't know if we got a bargain or not until we get a few charges and discharges on the battery, to see what shape it's in

Don

Thank you phxmiev. I'm open to generous offers on the battery, otherwise it goes to my dear old mom's car.
I'm keeping the drivetrain for experimentation, but all exterior (blue) and interior (black) parts are available, other than the following that are sold/damged.
Front bumper valence, hood and fenders
Front suspension
Passenger side doors, front and rear.
Passenger headlight and sideview mirror.

The bumper beam is untouched and I have one front alloy and two rear alloys available, as well as their tires, approx 50% wear.
Otherwise, if it is not excluded above, let me know of your interest.
Cheers,
Jay

Here's a general note on passing your old cars along: CLEAN OUT YOUR STUFF!
Even if the car is totaled in an accident, if you survive, remove all personal documents.
In the salvaged 2014, along with a set of stainless cookware, a dozen UNBROKEN eggs that were four months old, and a burst 6-pack of cheap beer, I procured enough privileged information to do a world-class theft of identity, even though none of the documents were important enough to warrant a return to their originator, so they have been destroyed. You cannot count on the recipient of your old car to be as scrupulous!

As I continued digging into the salvage 2014 I found a key and it started right up, with a full dash of errors. 14 bars on the gauge with 66 miles RR and only 14 K on the odometer were good signs. I connected the MUTIII clone, and not only were the cells perfectly balanced and SOC 82%, but the capacity reads out at 43.9 Ah! With a new pack reading 45, that’s pretty darn good.

Salvage auction values are remaining strong. I watched a totaled 2012 Raspberry go for $2550 this morning. It had hood, front bumper and headlight damage.

Keep looking! When you find a '16 with a battery like the one you bought anywhere near me, I'll run out & grab it. The new(est) Raspberry I bought for Carolyn could sure use a newer battery & I'd jump all over a good one. I suppose you already put that one in your Mom's car??

Don

How much in fees do those salvage sites add?
I've looked at copart. (I always think of cops making art) Are there others?
Also I read an article once about how people were buying wrecked evs sight unseen and they get there and there is no HV battery... so beware of that.

Here's what my last auction purchase from IAAI ran. (Insurance Auto Auctions Inc). IAAI and CoPart are the two main players nationally.
I'm still happy with the buy, as it was a 2014 with low miles and three good alloy wheels n tires. Lotsa labor in pulling and sending out parts to recoup the cost, though, and then there's spousal negotiations around the latest piece of yard art.
Winning bid: $850
Buyer Fee $270
Service Fee $59
Internet Fee $39
Sales Tax $115.83

Of course the fees are whatever they choose to impose, the internet fee was for when you don't bid in-person onsite, even though that is banned during CoVid!
This reminds me to apply for a sales tax refund from the state- as all EV purchases below a certain threshold (new and used) are tax exempt in WA. This car was definitely used!

For anyone looking, here is a good deal on a 2012:

Saw this 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV on autoTRADER.ca's iPhone app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/19-11564904

Here's a clean looking white 2012 I-meiv ES with 18,138 miles in El Cerrito, CA in the SF bay area. It's an ES model and I see the remote control in there but I can't tell if it has fast charging. They're asking $5,900.

Check it out:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/albany-2012-mitsubishi-miev-es/7265294432.html

I have our really clean nice ES 2012 with 42,900 miles on it for sale.
Hate to see it go... but wife purchased a new Bolt (OK... I admit the Bolt's a great car and she got it for $24,00 after incentives, etc... but will still miss the MiEV.)

Anyway ours is in Ashland Oregon, and BTW has THREE sets of keys.

See details at
My for sale details are at http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4867&p=42789#p42789

Alex

Back