Miev energy level indicator gauge bar shows empty after three hours of charging

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zel

I recently bought 2012 Miev. The 12v starter battery soon died. I asked the Mitsubishi dealership in Montreal to buy but they said they have non. I then bought a battery from a nearby battery sales store which I was told is good for miev. I installed it. The 12v battery worked and the miev started and run. When I installed the new battery, it started well and was drivable; but I think because of the cold weather and long parking the energy level indicator gauge bar was zero. I charged it for 3 hours while charging the charge indicator light in the instrument panel was ok. But after 3 hours of charging when I drovethe miev, the energy level indicator gauge bar is still zero. What is the problem.
This is a matter of major concern and your help is greatly appreciated.
Zel

Zel, welcome to the forum. I found your post in the Tech/Reference subforum which is Read Only which means no one would have been able to answer your question, so I moved it into this Battery Management subforum. Your problem sounds as though something lost it's mind and perhaps a reset is needed. I would wait until it's a little warmer then disconnect the 12v battery, wait a bit, and then re-attach it. You might check the 12v battery voltage level while you're at it, as maybe an external recharge is in order.

I don't recall this problem before. Now that we can respond, anyone have any ideas?

This sounds like you might have a blown fuse in the Motor Control Unit. The MCU is in the rear engine compartment on the right hand side; there is a small access cover that can be removed to test the fuse. Pictures can be found in the Troubleshooting the OBC thread.

Thanks Joe, it wouldn't let me reply.

Back