kiev

Re: Clock spring for cruise control buttons in the steering wheel

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:43 am

i found a diagram with part number here:

partsouq

So it's not a 9499 part. There is supposedly an aftermarket available from Pluto MCS103, but i couldn't find any details.

i would like to help but have very limited free time, and not likely able to dismantle the steering wheel anytime soon.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Don
Site Moderator

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:27 am

No North American model iMiEV came from the factory with cruise control nor with a steering wheel with buttons for cruse, did they? What makes you think that a clockspring from a USA iMiEV will work for you? I would *think* that what you really need is the clockspring from the Mitsubishi model that your steering wheel came from - That's where I would be searching for part numbers . . . . and then hoping that clockspring will fit into an iMiEV, which I would guess is probably a pretty safe bet. True, you might have to switch the plug to make your airbag work, but that's not a big deal, is it? I put a fancy steering wheel and airbag from an NB model Mazda Miata into my older NA Model Miata and I had to find an airbag plug to match the new airbag and and splice it into the clockspring, but that was no big deal . . . . at least I didn't think so. I never had an accident which would have set off the airbag in the many years I owned the car . . . . and I did tell the guy I sold it to what I had done to get the modern steering wheel and airbag installed in the car

"I found this, https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.co ... g-8619a018, however the connector for the airbag is not the same." - I would think this is probably the one you want - Just cut the airbag connector off and splice on the one from your old clockspring???

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, Raspberry Metallic
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon
2006 Itasca Navion Sprinter Motor Home

kiev

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:23 pm

i just realized that the nissan laef has the radio and phone buttons on the left and the cruise control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel controls, so it has to have a clockspring that carries those signals. i think the chances are good that it might be able to work for you--definitely worth looking into this, there are lots of laefs in salvage yards.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Tiborx8

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:46 am

You need to buy a mitsu outlander II clock spring.

Return to “General Technical Discussions”