i-MiEVs Reviewed on Used Market

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Cheap EV's indeed!

I drove over to Diamondhead to buy a pair of Trojan T-105 Golf Cart batteries for our motor home from a dealer who buys, sells, rebuilds and repairs Golf Carts - His battery prices are much better than the Trojan wholesaler who is much closer to home

Anyway, we got to talking about Golf Carts. Like many other communities around the country, many small towns around here have recently passed laws so you can drive the carts on public streets and that has caused a huge resurgence in their popularity. Here, it all started in Diamondhead about 15 years ago, but since then, Ocean Springs, D'Iberville and several other smaller cities have made them legal and people of means have been buying them up as an alternative means of transportation. Yamaha, Easy Go and other manufacturers have responded by designing cars which are more at home on city streets than golf courses. Windshields, doors, high tech audio systems and even air conditioning are now available if the buyer chooses those options. Many are using gas engines, fuel injected, no less and they can go 25 to 30 mph and have a range of 300 miles or so on a 5 or 6 gallon tank of gas - More of a mini-car than a Golf Cart

I was curious about prices, so I inquired - "New carts start around $8K to $10K and can go as high as $12K to $15K if an owner wants all the options" he told me - "Even more than that if the buyer wants a custom body, which can look like a '57 Chevy or a '60's Mustang" he added. You know these are popular with baby boomers living in retirement communities!

I had mentioned that we have 4 EV's, three of them being Mitsu's and I told him his prices made me feel really good about the latest one we had recently bought for $5K - 60 miles of range, a 'real' windshield with wipers and defrost, power steering, AC and comfortable seating for 4 . . . . *and* it can keep up with traffic no matter how fast it's flowing. I seriously doubt I'll be in the market for a Golf Cart anytime soon . . . . .

Don

Thanks Don, btw- what's a good price on T-105s these days. The depressed value of scrap lead never seems to carry over to cheaper batteries. A T-105 was in the $60 range 20 years ago..

jray3 said:
Thanks Don, btw- what's a good price on T-105s these days. The depressed value of scrap lead never seems to carry over to cheaper batteries. A T-105 was in the $60 range 20 years ago..

And those batteries would last 3x longer,

I am curious too what the current wholesale on s t105 is.

I have been watching many reviews on the i-Miev and most reviewers miss the point of the car I believe. It was never intended for long distant travel but was meant for urban life and short commutes to work. In this regard the car should shine as it is a 4 seater with adequate room to carry groceries and golf clubs. Its quirky look is attractive to me but never quite caught on with the masses in the US and Canada.

Boffingham said:
I have been watching many reviews on the i-Miev and most reviewers miss the point of the car I believe. It was never intended for long distant travel but was meant for urban life and short commutes to work. In this regard the car should shine as it is a 4 seater with adequate room to carry groceries and golf clubs. Its quirky look is attractive to me but never quite caught on with the masses in the US and Canada.
Auto reviewers absolutely trashed the i-MiEV. It is perfect for running around town. As many bad things that were said, there's double the good things. Some of my favorite features are the speed-sensitive wipers, the fully manual climate controls, how easy the doors close, and it's compact footprint.

Back