Largest Electric Vehicle trial in Canada

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imievnews

Hydro-Quebec, the power company for the province of Quebec, recently announced that 10 Mitsubishi iMiev electric vehicles were delivered to businesses around the Boucherville area. This completes the third and final phase of an electrical vehicle trial that first began in 2010, and will end in 2013.
i-miev-boucherville2.jpg

Hydro-Quebec has been overseeing the three year program to rate the performance of 30 Mitsubishi i-Miev electric cars on road tests and day to day usage. The trials are to study charging needs, driver satisfaction and habits, as well as interaction between the charging grid and the electric vehicles.

In the next year, the province of Quebec plans to install the first 400-V quick charge station in Quebec and will be trying it out on a daily basis.

"Our partnership with Hydro-Québec has given rise to a unique and exciting project that allows Hydro-Québec to test our i-MiEV in many everyday situations. The data collected will allow us to ensure our state-of-the-art electric technology is well suited for the Canadian market and help us plan community charging infrastructure," pointed out Shin Fujioka, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.

Back