Wanted: Remote + rubber floor mats

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phapasxt

I have a 2012 model and when purchased did not come with the remote start key fob, looking to buy one used (dealer quoted me 1200 plus install... what install?? The receiver part is in there already). Also looking for some rubber all weather mats, used or even just a place to buy some new, don't care. Had no luck at the dealership or ebay.

The remotes are not that easy to find but available. The miev remote was a nice little feature and it came with every car when sold new. 90% of the features required the vehicle to be above a certian charge level and plugged into a charger.

All miev remotes are paired /registered to the vehicle so a used or new remote will not operate the vehicle.

The registration of the remote was not easy and most dealer techs are unfamiliar with how the process/procedure was done. No scan tool is needed.

1st, you put the remote into programing mode by pressing the buttons in a certian sequence.
2nd, then you put the car in programing mode with a certian motor key sequence.
3rd send a request from the remote to the car.

To help the techs, a youtube video was made by Mitsubishi Motors in Cypress CA for the techs to follow. An instruction sheet was also put together and faxed or emailed out to the techs for reference. I can send a copy out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFF89jBMTIk

I have a miev remote that I can sell if one are available on EBAY.

phapasxt said:
I have a 2012 model and when purchased did not come with the remote start key fob, looking to buy one used (dealer quoted me 1200 plus install... what install?? The receiver part is in there already).
As EVdude alluded to, any remote you find will have to be paired to your specific car and that process is what the dealer is calling an 'installation'. They probably have a one hour, $125 minimum to perform that - Hopefully they know what they're doing and can actually get it done in an hour, but don't count on it

For my 2 cents worth - The remotes are next to useless. We have 3 cars, all came with remotes and other than a couple trial runs with the first car 8 or 9 years ago, we've never picked up a remote - They're sitting on a shelf somewhere and I'm sure the batteries in all 3 of them must be dead by now. It seems pretty obvious that Mitsu's decision to add a remote control was a last minute, poorly thought out (IMO) option which could have been great if they had given it more engineering time and came up with a much better functioning unit. If I didn't have a remote, I sure wouldn't be investing more than $100 or so to get one to play with, because it's very likely it'll just end up sitting on a shelf somewhere . . . . which is likely why so many used iMiEV's ended up separated from the remotes they came with

Don

Back