Going to be selling 2012 i-MiEV SE w/CHAdeMO

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbW

We recently purchased a 2021 Tesla Model Y and now have too many vehicles for our household. So, we will be selling our 2012 i-MiEV SE. This was our very first EV, and we have loved it all these years. I'm just trying to get an understanding of the used EV market, reasonable asking prices, best platform to try and sell it on, etc. Our "Meep" is the Raspberry Pearl Metallic color and has 45K on it. The main traction battery was fully replaced at 35K. I just replaced all brake hardware last weekend (all new rotors, drums, shoes, pads on all 4 wheels). Going to be spending the next couple weekends getting it all cleaned up, detailed, and a few decals removed from the exterior.

Who else has sold their i-MiEV? Any tips, pointers, advice on selling it?

I haven't sold one as we tend to only buy them and keep 2 or 3 of them around. :lol:

All kidding aside, I would say a private sale for a 2012 starts at around $5,000 and goes up from there. Yours with a new battery at 35K miles and being an SE model should start higher but at where could depend on a lot of things like the area you are in, etc.

ed5000 said:
I haven't sold one as we tend to only buy them and keep 2 or 3 of them around. :lol:

All kidding aside, I would say a private sale for a 2012 starts at around $5,000 and goes up from there. Yours with a new battery at 35K miles and being an SE model should start higher but at where could depend on a lot of things like the area you are in, etc.

Thanks! I just listed it for $6,000 on Facebook Marketplace. We'll see how it goes.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/175903827774366/

Holy crap! I just found out that my memory is very faulty. I was going by memory for when my main traction battery was replaced under warranty. For some reason, I thought it was around 36,000 miles. So, that's what I put in my listing. I just now logged into my Mitsubishi Owners account for the first time in a couple years and reviewed the service history on my Meep. Turns out the main traction battery was actually replaced at 42,961 miles. There are almost 49,000 total miles on the car now. So, the new battery only has 6,000 miles on it. Practically brand new!!!! I'm hoping this will be a huge selling point. Also, the on-board charger was replaced at 49,670 and the DC-DC warranty was extended at the same time.

SE or SE Premium with Nav?? No SE came with DCQC and it wasn't an option. if you have it, that probably means you have an SE Premium and not an SE. If I was close enough, I would buy your car for $6K - Pretty good deal, IMO

Don

Yes, it’s an SE Premium w/Nav, DCQC, upgraded EVSE (120v & 240v), backup cam, rear collision sensors, etc. Pretty much fully loaded with everything that Mitsu offered for the I-MiEV.

Don, I wish you were closer, too. I’d feel much better knowing my Meep was going to a fellow i-MiEV. Where are you?

Interestingly, my Meep has a bit of DNA from the MyImiev.com family. My driver’s door actually came from one of siai47‘s I-MiEV’s that had been damaged in a rear-end collision. My Meep was in a minor dust-up that took forever to repair because the collision center couldn’t find a spare driver door. I took matters into my own hand and searched through this forum for someone with a spare door!

Back