Tire Pressure Light Constantly Lit 2012 ES

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veimi

More to the story.

I noticed the yellow low tire pressure light on my new used 2012 ES was constantly lit. The tires looked OK and after driving a few miles on the highway on a hot summer day, the light turned off, but turned on again before my next trip.

I checked the tire pressure on each tire and all were at least 35 psi. which I bumped up to 40 psi. The low tire pressure light remained on.

If my memory serves me correctly, the manual states that if the sensor batteries are low or there is a system failure, the light would be blinking.

I was hoping that someone can offer a suggestion. I have access to a scangauge and was wondering if it is possible to erase or reset the low tire pressure light?

I was gonna suggest changing the batteries next time we needed tires as our 2012's are coming up on 5 years old now . . . . but it appears you've gotta buy new sensors as the batteries in most of them are not replaceable

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tire+pressure+sensor+battery&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dtire%2bpressure%2bsensor%2bbattery%26FORM%3dEDGNNC&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=5F20D53AB153DAF42ADD5F20D53AB153DAF42ADD&FORM=WRVORC

Don

Back