San Francisco BayMiEVers

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone with quick-charge capability? Looking for an i-MiEV for the opening of the Stanford shopping center quick charger on 5/15.

GREEN CARPET – "GAS HOSE/RIBBON CUTTING” EVENT
Stanford Shopping Center – 350 Green – Bay Area EV Supporters

When: Tuesday May 15, 4:30 PM – 6:00PM
Where: Stanford Shopping Center, 1st Level Parking Garage Next to Quarry Road

Bring: Your Electric Vehicle and Family

Bay Area Electric Vehicle Supporters:

Please join the Mayor of Palo Alto, Stanford Shopping Center / Simon Malls and 350 Green for a "Gas Hose Cutting" to welcome Northern California's first public DC fast charger!

Attendees who attend this historic Bay Area Electric Vehicle moment will receive a first hand demonstration of how to DC Fast Charge your car and light refreshments provided by Stanford Shopping Center.

Drive your Electric Car for priority VIP Parking. Bring your CharJit (LoopEV) passes if you have them to show your support for Bay Area charging infrastructure providers.

Following the event - shop, dine and enjoy another location that just got more accessible to Bay Area EV drivers. Not to mention celebrate the fact that now you have a new faster way to traverse the Bay Area!

Charging Notes: On property there are additional L2 chargers but plan your charging accordingly as those will likely be busy.

We already have one LEAF that must charge in order to return home from Palo Alto but are also looking for an iMEV. Please contact me if you can offer your iMEV for the charging demonstration.

It's a great day to drive Electric. Pass it on!

Paul Stith

Electric Auto Association - Vice President, Silicon Valley

Kei, thanks for posting the REFUEL 2012 event. Be fun to see if the stock iMiEV beats the stock Leaf despite their top speed being 90mph compared to our ~82mph, as I think we should be able to out-corner the Leaf. Dunno if the wife will let me borrow 'her' car to try... :roll:

Tomorrow I'm going to Hybrids2HotRods <http://hybrids2hotrods.com> and showing off my Sparrow - I assume the local Mitsu dealer will have an iMiEV there.

2nd Annual Hybrids to Hot Rods - San Jose Mercury News - Saturday May 12th

This will be a great EV display with Tesla, LEAF, Volt, BMW, CODA, RAV, conversions and more surprise early release cars. Invite your friends an family to learn about driving Electric!

See you there!

The Mercury News Campus
750 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA

Link to Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=750+Ridder+Park+Dr%2C+San+Jose%2C+CA&hl=en&sll=37.0625%2C-95.677068&sspn=30.268266%2C64.951172&oq=750+&hnear=750+Ridder+Park+Dr%2C+San+Jose%2C+California+95190&t=m&z=16<http://www.facebook.com/l/qAQEMIxl5AQGMpVFGNaXSYCqU0di0IvmB1V9yEsQAyVPyqQ/maps.google.com/maps?q=750+Ridder+Park+Dr%252C+San+Jose%252C+CA&hl=en&sll=37.0625%252C-95.677068&sspn=30.268266%252C64.951172&oq=750+&hnear=750+Ridder+Park+Dr%252C+San+Jose%252C+California+95190&t=m&z=16>

---- Detailed Event Schedule ----

7:30am - Participating cars start setting up [Bring you confirmation email or freshly filed in form].
7:45am Pancake Breakfast served by the San Jose F.O.E. with special low pricing! Supports the Children's Shopping Spree at Christmas. All food donated by The Mercury News & Hot San Jose Nights. Start your day with us!

9am - Show opens to the public
10am - Amy Gass sings the National Anthem
10:05am - The Hot Rods Band hits the stage
10:05am - Test drives begin! Try out the new Fisker & performance cars!
11:15am - Lunch available from the F.O.E.

Meet Gary Richards "Mr. Roadshow" in person (schedule will be posted)
Sheldon's Hobbies is putting on a fantastic Drifting display with the Hottest new R/C cars! Give it a try! Rentals available!

3:00pm - Show Wraps Up... Until next year's "Electrics to Hot Rods" (going well!)

Link to Event Website: http://hybrids2hotrods.com<http://www.facebook.com/l/1AQGcvsKRAQFslUFCIu7rBDh6WuQiQFtu6-XeB80lvKsJZQ/hybrids2hotrods.com/about-3/>

Kid Friendly Activities: Bounce House, Radio Controlled (R/C) Cars, Cool Cars (Go-Karts did not show up)

Did not register but still want to show your Electric Vehicle? Mike Hennessy says cars will not be turned away! Print and fill out the form, bring it with you! https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxo8vWe-yr4tNTBHbW04cHhRdjJKOGUxNmNWak1idw/edit?pli=1

jjlink, thanks for bringing your iMiEV, posting the pictures and especially thanks for bringing the canopy which protected us from the (now summer) sun. There were two private iMiEVs there, with Mitsubishi dealership nowhere to be seen. Massive contingent of Leafs, with electric vehicles far outnumbering the groups of classic cars, hotrods, boy racers, hybrids, and mainstream vehicles. The iMiEVs generated a lot of interest, with many people seeing one for the first time. Decent turnout, with EVs getting much-needed exposure showing them now integrating into the mainstream vehicle marketplace. Times, they are a changin'...

We had two i-MiEVs there along with a Coda, and a bunch of Leafs. My I-MiEV charged to 80% capacity in about 15 minutes (It was down to about 25% remaining when I arrived).

EV Quick-Charge Station Opens at Stanford Mall
High-speed charger can boost a battery in 30 minutes.
By Aaron Selverston Email the author 6:00 am
Tweet Email Print Comment

PHOTOS (3) see link below for news article photos.
http://paloalto.patch.com/articles/electric-car-quick-charge-station-opens-at-stanford-mall

Drivers of electric vehicles have another place to charge up in Palo Alto.

Palo Alto Mayor Yiaway Yeh Tuesday joined city staff and representatives from 350Green in a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Stanford Shopping Center, where another charging station came online.

The new station is a first-in-Silicon Valley DC-powered fast-charger, capable of boosting a Nissan Leaf to an 80 percent charge in 30 minutes, according to City of Palo Alto Utilities Communications Manager Debra Katz.

“This event represents a historic step on the path to making electric vehicles a truly convenient alternative to gas-guzzling cars,” said Katz, who Tuesday joined City Planning and Transportation Commissioner Arthur Keller, 350Green’s Obrie Hostetter, and the mayor for the debut.

Katz said that people thinking of getting an electric vehicle should not be discouraged by any perceived lack of charging stations. The City has taken a proactive approach to launching numerous stations throughout the city, including earlier at Stanford Mall.

More information about the City’s electric vehicle program is available here.
http://paloalto.patch.com/articles/ev-charging-station-comes-online-at-stanford-shopping-center

EV Quick-Charge Station Opens at Stanford Mall by JJLINK, on Flickr

Unlike our BayLeaf brethren, we SF BayMiEVers are a most passive group. After all, it's been a year since our last get-together. I'd like to offer my house in Los Altos Hills again, and maybe we can have a pizza and jjlink's air filter mailing party - probably in April. Should be able to rig up at least two L2 EVSEs, a few 240vac outlets, and an unlimited number of 120v outlets if needed. Since many of our Forum contributors don't have their location shown, I really don't have a feel for how many Forum members we have in the Bay Area. Any interest, either at my place or perhaps a more central location?

There were about 8 or 10 Bay Area i-MiEV owners which I haven't meet before at the research study I went to in Pleasanton several months ago. Too bad I did not get there names or anything.

Since then I put the "My iMiEV.com" on my license plate frame so they could find us.

My iMiev by JJLINK, on Flickr

JoeS said:
Unlike our BayLeaf brethren, we SF BayMiEVers are a most passive group. After all, it's been a year since our last get-together. I'd like to offer my house in Los Altos Hills again, and maybe we can have a pizza and jjlink's air filter mailing party - probably in April. Should be able to rig up at least two L2 EVSEs, a few 240vac outlets, and an unlimited number of 120v outlets if needed. Since many of our Forum contributors don't have their location shown, I really don't have a feel for how many Forum members we have in the Bay Area. Any interest, either at my place or perhaps a more central location?
If any of you are going to the EAA meeting tomorrow at Palo Alto HP (promises to be an interesting one with PG&E giving a talk), we could meet at my place afterwards and install jjlink's new air filter? PM me if you're interested.

Hi Folks, I just joined the group, sorry I missed your get together. I'd be interested in meeting other i-MiEVers in the Bay Area. Mine is a '12 white and blue with quick charge port. I also have a few adapters to plug into a number of different 240V outlets (my portable charger takes 120/240V). Look forward to time and place of next meeting being posted. Bill

Back