Need new tires under 12k miles!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I saw that. Thanks.
I want to buy a spare tire. Any suggestion. I want to be able to just swap the tire and go. Is there a donut tire that can fit the Miev.

thanks

sandange said:
If you can wait - there are some on line tire suppliers listed previously on this post - pg 1

The Tire Rack for one

quote"alohart"
You could have them shipped to you by Tire Rack
and have a local tire company install them. They're not low-rolling-resistance tires, so your range might be a bit lower.

You should get one for back up at this price.

http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=32538624.135.3119&kplz=&Cookie=&ABT=&typ=D-112257&dsco=135

camiev said:
I want to buy a spare tire. Any suggestion. I want to be able to just swap the tire and go. Is there a donut tire that can fit the Miev.
If you do a search for 'spare tire wheel' you'll see that this has been discussed before. Several people initially thought this would be a good idea, but there are several problems with trying to carry a spare. The same wheel doesn't fit the front and the rear - Actually, almost nothing else fits the front. If you did carry something, you'd have to find someplace to put it . . . . leave one seatback down all the time? Strap it vertically to one of the seatbacks? You'd have to buy a jack and a lug wrench and find some place to stow those too

Maybe a better solution would be to buy something and keep it at home (or work) where you could have someone bring it to you in an emergency? Has this happened to you before? . . . . hitting something and destroying a tire so that you're stranded? I'm guessing it's a pretty rare occurrence for most folks . . . . maybe you've used up your bad luck and it will never happen to you again? (Knock wood) So far, it's never happened to me

Don

Don said:
camiev said:
If you do a search for 'spare tire wheel' you'll see that this has been discussed before. Several people initially thought this would be a good idea, but there are several problems with trying to carry a spare. The same wheel doesn't fit the front and the rear - Actually, almost nothing else fits the front. If you did carry something, you'd have to find someplace to put it . . . . leave one seatback down all the time? Strap it vertically to one of the seatbacks? You'd have to buy a jack and a lug wrench and find some place to stow those too

Maybe a better solution would be to buy something and keep it at home (or work) where you could have someone bring it to you in an emergency? Has this happened to you before? . . . . hitting something and destroying a tire so that you're stranded? I'm guessing it's a pretty rare occurrence for most folks . . . . maybe you've used up your bad luck and it will never happen to you again? (Knock wood) So far, it's never happened to me

Don

Check craigslist for 4 lug spare tires. Not all will fit but good to check. I had my Miev towed to the dealer and on the way there the courtesy driver said that at least three mievs that he knows of came in for service after hitting a big pot hole and the tire failed immediately.

camiev said:
You should get one for back up at this price.

http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=32538624.135.3119&kplz=&Cookie=&ABT=&typ=D-112257&dsco=135

Achilles Tyres?!? Good specs but :lol: must be a Chinese branding manager. Wonder what the tires' weak spot is?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles

I ask the dealer to give the cost for an extra tire. Here

Hello Linus,

For the front tire 157.93
Rim 410.43
Sensor 131.90
Mount and balance 15.00
715.26 plus tax

For the rear tire 169.20
Rim 441.28
Sensor 131.90
Mount and balance 15.00