Help me decide???

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iwatson said:
This is a great little car, and it suits our needs. Sales of this model have not done well compared to the leafs, volts, prius plug-ins and Tesla's. There are many reasons, one of which may be convenience when plugging in. My wife says it's no big deal and she adds that "I can't understand why I like this car but I didn't like the Leaf".
I think the convenience of plugging in is very dependent on how you have your garage set up. I would add an outlet where it needs to be to make things as convenient as possible for your wife - It sounds like she may be driving this car for quite a while

Many of us are the same - It's hard to put a finger on exactly why this car appeals you use so much . . . . it just does
BarryP said:
BTW, for me, it’s safer to back out of the garage instead of back in. I’ve done more damage backing in and zilch damaging ‘pulling/driving’ in; same with my wife.
I think if you objectively examine all the variables, that's true for all of us. When you back out of a garage, you're retracing a route previously done while moving forward when your visibility was much better, plus the car is already positioned properly to safely back straight out, while none of that is true if you're backing in

The military discovered that a huge percentage of their vehicular accidents happened while backing, so they implemented the use of a 'spotter' for all backing operations - You had to have a passenger get out and guide you backwards to ensure you didn't hit anything. If you were alone in a vehicle, you had to stop, get out, place an orange 'parking cone' where you wanted to back up to and then get in and back up to your cone. Heaven help you if you had a backing accident and you weren't using a spotter or a cone.

Backing into a garage makes little sense . . . . unless you have an EVSE which isn't correctly placed for the needs of the car, or you're Clyde Barrow and a quick getaway is priority #1 :lol:

Don

Back