$10,000 off MSRP "rebate" available on remaining 2012's

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice, Alex! Unfortunately, I tend to get a little OCD about such things and have a tendency to be a tad bit impatient. I had already purchased an L2 EVSE on Amazon and installed it in my garage before we even took delivery of our new i. Suffice to say, I will not have the opportunity to judge what my charging requirements are before outlaying the cash on an L2 EVSE.

We took delivery of our new i last night and are very happy and excited to be clean, green vehicle owners now! There are just a few minor issues that I have communicated to our sales associate this morning. Once those are corrected, I will be completely satisfied, but am 99.9% satisfied at the moment!

RobbW said:
Thanks for the advice, Alex! Unfortunately, I tend to get a little OCD about such things and have a tendency to be a tad bit impatient. I had already purchased an L2 EVSE on Amazon and installed it in my garage before we even took delivery of our new i. Suffice to say, I will not have the opportunity to judge what my charging requirements are before outlaying the cash...

Well IF you discover that you rarely or never NEED to charge at L2 speeds, see if your charger has an optional lower rate or rates........ Though L2 charging is well tolerated it's still true that all things being equal your battery will like you better if you charge slowly.

There are extensive discussions here and elsewhere about care and feeding of EV battery packs. Three points FWIW:
If you don't need full charges don't routinely fully charge .
If practical avoid draining down below two bars.
The MiEV remote control for charging is quirky. May take some time to figure out how to use it.

Folks,

It looks like this rebate is active again. The dealer in St. Peters, MO told me about it on Friday, October 4, 2013. My sales guy is trying to find a car which matches (or is close to) my preferences and then I will go sign the paperwork. I'm excited; driving the dealer demo for the weekend has been fun but I want my own car without the advertising wrap on it.

Cheers,
-- Art Z.

acensor said:
If practical avoid draining down below two bars.
Except as the insert into the user's manual recommends -- once a year or so. I intentionally take mine down to 2 bars about every 2 months or so. I don't think that's too much abuse for the battery.

Back