mikedufty

Re: my Miev will not charge

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:57 am

I'll have a look next time I see the car, it has been at the dealer for 3 months and is still there. I have thought about getting it back to store undercover, but would be dependent on getting a dc charger to work to get it back again.

kiev

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:25 am

mikedufty wrote:...
Showed a couple of odd symptoms - seemed to be less than fully charged a couple of times over a week or so, then wouldn't charge.
Low voltage (battery shaped light) and high voltage (!) warning lights on dash.
Car still drives fine, 12v battery seemed to have a good charge.

One other idea is that the pack has a defective cell. The "less-than-full" charging is one of the indicators for that issue. A MUT3 scan of the pack would show the max and min cell voltages--if a cell is lower than all the rest then it will cause the gauge to show less than full after a normal charge session.

i would hope that they tested the 12V while under load, or by specific gravity measurement, to get a real determination of health. A weak, old, or worn out 12V will cause a multitude of unrelated issues and problems in these cars.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

mikedufty

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:50 am

EVbatmon showed all the cells close to the same voltage.
I feel like if it the 12v battery was that bad you would see an impact in some areas other than charging. If it works well enough to start and drive the car shouldn't it be good enough to allow it to charge?

CGauer

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Guys,

for the sake of the charger/DC-DC longevity, ideally how many amps should I pump out of my eMotorWerks JuiceBox L2 EVSE?

8A it barely gets hot... Maxed out, 16A it gets pretty hot... It can be set as low as 5A or perhaps even less. Efficiency shouldn't be as good on really low rates, right?

Best

Clemente

Return to “General Technical Discussions”