how to remove seat belt electrical connection plug

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alviseven

In the process of changing the NSF seat belt with secondhand unit. How does the little electric plug come out of the old unit. Does it just pull out - the replacement has no obvious lock or catch point I can see but the old one will not let go of the connection! Before I break it someone must have done this before please?

Almost all connectors have some sort of locking feature, some are quite a puzzle to release

Nwbp9UK.png

Thanks for the reply - did manage in the end - flat bladed screwdriver behind the plug removed it but then found that a smaller flat blade under the yellow square on the front of the plug unlocked the "lock" Hope the image will load to explain for others. Like nothing I had come across before. Did get stuck for a while but these images will help with others as I get to know the vehicle.
Some images of my plug are here
images.html

right click open in a new tab - sorry cannot get them up here don't know how
Hope this image displays ok shows the thin blade screw driver behind the locking tab I found to release the plug

Oh that looks like an airbag connector, not the seatbelt...maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Probably want to have the 12V aux battery disconnected when messing with anything airbag related.

img-3124_orig.jpg

Back