tenthousandclowns

power windows not working

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 pm

I tried to roll up all the windows at once while on chademo charging, and now all the window controls are not working, as well as the driver's power lock. . passenger power lock and remote lock still fine. So I assume it isn't the fuse. Does that door switch panel share w any other Mitsubishi?

PV1
Site Moderator

Re: power windows not working

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am

Window lock button isn't pushed down, is it? The lock button will disable all passenger windows, even the switches on the driver's door. There might be a fuse powering the driver panel that blew, which would be a good place to start looking.

If it is the assembly, fortunately it is easy to swap out and appears to be the same one used in the Lancer, so it shouldn't have the i-MiEV premium.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

Don
Site Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 am

tenthousandclowns wrote:I tried to roll up all the windows at once while on chademo charging . . . . . So I assume it isn't the fuse.

My first inclination would be opposite, that it just might be the fuse. Maybe it was sized for 'normal operation' which would be just one or two windows at a time and doubling that current draw (all 4 windows at once, which is a pretty unusual scenario) was maybe a bit too much for it??

Anyway, that's the first place I would look - When something isn't working, try the simplest solution and work from there

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

tenthousandclowns

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 am

they started working again a while later after turning the car off and on a few times... luckily it wasn't raining right then.

phb10186

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 pm

That's extremely odd, as the car lets you close the windows for a short period even after being turned off and the key removed. If the door lock also didn't work, then It points to the door wiring, or a short in that area... don't suppose you've had any crash damage or other repairs in that area, the windows and central locking would almost certainly be on independent fuses.... only other thing worth checking is the 12v battery.
2012 I-MIEV Keiko Silver 16K
2010 Insight ES-T 43K
2001 Accord Type-V (F23 manual)
2009 Hornet CB600F
2008 SH300

Return to “General Technical Discussions”