Darn long post warning coming through!
So, I've discovered this brand new Binar 5S liquid water heater from en.autoterm.ru
aka Advers/Binar/Planar/Teplostar. I saw a EU approval document datestamped 2016-10-28. In addition they have already sold a Binar 5 Compact model for some years.
Click the pics for more info. Both models:
- cost €695,-/€560,- in/outside EU incl. shipping.
- come in kits/sets with a timer/control panel.
- can have a GSM remote added (€120,-/97,- in/outside EU incl. shipping.)
- are built for Siberian winters, approved for -45°C (that's like DARN cold in Fahrenheit!)
I've been in touch with Denis at autoterm.eu
for more details. I have also plowed through the install/op/user manuals. I discoved they can be remote controlled with a car alarm or other remote controls with a relay. Therefore, hopefully, we can hack our Omron MiEV remote to switch a relay on/off.Some key features I like about the 5S:
pumps and connectors
- 180° swiveling nipples for coolant water - easing the install
- thresholds for heat and re-heat aka cycle mode can be set individually
- heat->standby mode: 20-95°C (default 88°C)
- you can set "GO TO standby OR re-heat (cycle) WHEN target temp (20-95°C) is reached" (100°C = boiling point in the global metric system)
- heater fan startup between 30 and 60°C (default 40°C).
- water pump continues to run in standby mode. Nice for you who prefer 15 min on, 15 min off cycles for max heat-extracting
- run "water pump mode" in the summertime
- LED matrix diplay - works when LCD panels fade out in the cold
I said before this I'd cheapskate out on a $30 generic GSM relay modem, instead of that overpriced JP Espar/Eberspächer/Webasto GSM remote control box ($185 or ~$150 in combo with a JP heater set. But, just look at this nice Binar Simcom app:Manuals - in proper english:
Assembly instruction Binar 5S 1.64 Мб (Добавлен 28.06.2016)
Control Panel Binar 5s 1.61 Мб (Добавлен 28.06.2016)
Operating manual for Binar 5s 368.68 Кб (Добавлен 28.06.2016)
Operating manual for Binar 5B/5D-Compact ENG 911.18 Кб (Добавлен 04.02.2016)
5m31s: Engine preheater BINAR 5 UNBOXING (5 Compact unboxing @ autoterm.eu)
0m28s: 30 second turntable overview of Binar 5S
6m25s: Бинар 5 S обзор от студии АВТОЛИГА (Published on Oct 14, 2016)
6m25s: Binar 5 S review from AVTOLIGA studio NB! Youtube refuse to play through translate.google.com, atleast for me
Search Бинар (5S) for more clips!
Finland dealer network: https://autoterm.eu/en/dealers/
Global dealer network: http://en.autoterm.ru/dealers.html
So, what you guys think? Especially those of you with JP heaters, since I have not landed a decision, yet.
For me - being in Europe, the Binar will cost me ~17 % more than a chinese knock-off, but still a fraction of a similar Espar/Eberspächer or Webasto. I also favor german quality parts, which I can expect to last a while - also after the warranty period.