It Has Arrived!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed5000

My new (to me) 2012 Mitsubishi Labrardore black I-miev has arrived from North Carolina and it's in great shape! :mrgreen: I bought it from my brother who's commute went from 15 miles to 60 miles one way and thus, couldn't really use it. I was a little concerned because it had been sitting for at least a year. He tried to sell it and I was surprised when he said he still had it. That's when I posted an ad here but decided to go ahead and adopt another one of these wonderful cars.

Everything is in good working order. The only thing I need to do is to learn how to remove tree sap spots off the paint surface. The glass was easy to scrape off. I also have to do a good interior cleaning as there is a lot of a yellow powdery like pollen from around the doors and some inside on the floors.

I'll also download the latest Canion and check the battery ahr and do my Silver I-miev while I'm at it since I haven't done it in a while.

I also have to clear out my carport. My car alone didn't need much space so the front half is filled up with bicycles, a pressure washer, etc. Now I'd like to get two cars in this one car carport. :D

Oh, and I also bought a new 12 volt battery for it. The truck driver handed me the battery tie down bracket and some hardware and said they had to jump it while driving across the country. A lot of us knows what that means. :? :shock:

Congrats Ed,
We'd love to hear the batt stats after a year of hibernating, and at what SOC did it sleep?
Also if you don't mind, how much did the cross-country shipping set you back?
I'm bringing in a Transit Connect Electric from Missouri to Seattle right now, and it was a challenge to gitrdone below $1200.

jray3 said:
Congrats Ed,
We'd love to hear the batt stats after a year of hibernating, and at what SOC did it sleep?
Also if you don't mind, how much did the cross-country shipping set you back?
I'm bringing in a Transit Connect Electric from Missouri to Seattle right now, and it was a challenge to gitrdone below $1200.
My brother said he had left it at about 3/4 of a tank and it was at 11 bars when I picked it up. I'll be connecting it to Canion this weekend.

Shipping was $884. The shipper was George and Saba Express out of Philadelphia. I used a website that was something like "USA Transportation" (I can look it up at work). It's a competitive bidding like system where you fill in your car and details and by the end of the day I had a few dozen quotes by text and emails. Most were around $1200.

ed5000 said:
My brother said he had left it at about 3/4 of a tank and it was at 11 bars when I picked it up. I'll be connecting it to Canion this weekend.
Hopefully, that didn't hurt it too bad - 1/4 tank would have been better than 3/4ths. Cars which sat with a full tank for a year ended up with significantly degraded batteries. I own 2 of them. SE Premiums which sat on a dealers lot for a year and didn't sell, so then they were leased. The first one I bought only had 3,900 miles on it, but the battery was already nearly 20% gone - 60 miles was about the very best it could do and only that if you drive it 35 or 40 mph. The second one we recently bought has 27,000 miles but it has the same history, and it's battery is even worse. Our original car which we bought in May of 2012 has many more miles than either of them, but it has roughly 20 more miles of range. Leaving an iMiEV sit for extended periods of time with a full (or nealy full) battery significantly accelerates capacity loss, no question

Don

Don said:
Hopefully, that didn't hurt it too bad - 1/4 tank would have been better than 3/4ths. Cars which sat with a full tank for a year ended up with significantly degraded batteries. I own 2 of them.

Don
Yes, I'm hoping that it didn't hurt it either. I believe he did take it out once in a while, like maybe on the weekends here and there. In just driving around for the last four days it feels almost as good as my "N" battery I-miev.

I did hook it up to Canion today. With the car at 64% SOC the battery showed about 60% of the cells at 3.960 Volt and 40% at 3.965 volts.

There's also an Amp hour history page with a series of bars that were nearly 36 Ahr each.

While installing a new copy of Canion I also noticed an ap called OBDZero. It's set up a little different from Canion. I would say it has more numbers and not bars. Pretty simple.

It had one page with this information:
"Car cap. Ah 36.5"
"SoC 68.0"
"Ah 24.82"
"battery Ah 24.93"
"cap. Ah 36.7"

I just wanted to see what everyone thinks? Thanks!

"Car cap. Ah 36.5" This is the 100% capacity of the battery reported by the car
"SoC 68.0" This is the SoC reported by the car
"Ah 24.82" This is the present Ah in the battery based on the first two numbers
"battery Ah 24.93" This is present Ah in the battery based on the measured amps to and from the battery. When starting the app this is equal to the Ah number above it.
"cap. Ah 36.7" This is the battery Ah divided by the SoC times 100.

If the last number drifts significantly from the Car cap. as you use the app, it may indicate an error in the car's estimate of the 100% capacity of the battery. A Mitsubishi dealer should be able to measure the battery capacity (probably for a fee) and reset the car's estimate if necessary.

A user manual for the OBDZero app can be downloaded from OBDZero.dk.

CZeroOwner said:
"Car cap. Ah 36.5" This is the 100% capacity of the battery reported by the car
"SoC 68.0" This is the SoC reported by the car
"Ah 24.82" This is the present Ah in the battery based on the first two numbers
"battery Ah 24.93" This is present Ah in the battery based on the measured amps to and from the battery. When starting the app this is equal to the Ah number above it.
"cap. Ah 36.7" This is the battery Ah divided by the SoC times 100.

If the last number drifts significantly from the Car cap. as you use the app, it may indicate an error in the car's estimate of the 100% capacity of the battery. A Mitsubishi dealer should be able to measure the battery capacity (probably for a fee) and reset the car's estimate if necessary.

A user manual for the OBDZero app can be downloaded from OBDZero.dk.
Thanks CZeroOwner. I figured the 36.5 Ah was the capacity of the battery. I guess I was hoping it was more like 42 or 43 like a newer I-miev would be. Other than that the car has been working flawlessly. Putting in a new 12 volt battery is the only thing I've done to it. We put maybe another 1,000 miles on it since I bought it but I can check that. Right now might be a good time to recheck the battery capacity too.

Our CZero is also a 2012 model with a bit more than 60,000 miles on the clock. The battery capacity is 34.5 Ah. Luckily it's only gone down by 1 Ah over the last year. Apart from batteries with bad cells the lowest capacities I have seen mentioned are about 30 Ah.

Have you tried to down load the OBDZero user manual and have you considered measuring the battery capacity using the CAPA function in OBDZero?

Cheers
David

Back