I-Miev airbag warning light on

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al123

2012 I-Miev. I took my front seats out for cleaning, and had windows down. I have removed 12V before removing the seats.
At the end of the day I had to close the car windows, and the seats were not ready to be put in. I have connected the 12V just to get the windows up. I didn't start or drive the car. Now everything is back together, and I have an airbag warning light on. A quick search on the internet had pointed me to iCarsoft scanner i909. It claims to be Mitsubishi and Mazda specific, and I-Miev is included. It claims to be able to reset the airbag light. I am wondering if anybody has an experience with this scanner, and what else it can do on I-Miev. Thank you.

Yes, I use the iCarsoft 909 a lot. It will definitely clear airbag codes, as long as nothing else was damaged. I'm still figuring out which airbag codes are "hard codes" that immediately re-trigger even if you leave a blown airbag disconnected, such as the "open squib".

Thank you Jray3. I have now ordered the iCarsoft i909 scanner. Once it gets here, I will update on the outcome. I love working on cars, and overcoming obstacles.

Al123 said:
Thank you Jray3. I have now ordered the iCarsoft i909 scanner. Once it gets here, I will update on the outcome. I love working on cars, and overcoming obstacles.
It seems to me that to be a modern-day backyard auto mechanic that one of the better skills to learn is CanBus dissection.

jray3, thanks for that. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that our iCarSoft i909 has the capability of resetting the airbag light.

About 7-8 years ago I also had removed the passenger seat as that does add quite a bit of usable temporary storage volume, not realizing that the seat airbag circuit is always active (another minuscule drain on our 12v battery?). Since I hadn't even disconnected the battery (I was clueless in those days) I had to take the i-MiEV to the dealer to have the airbag light reset (they did it for free as a favor). I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to learn that with that light on, the airbags are disabled. :(

Hi, I got the icarsoft i909 scanner, and it had reset all 7 fault codes for an airbag.
The codes were:
B1477 IGI (B) Voltage extraordinary low
B1476 IGI (A) Voltage extraordinary low
UO154 OCM CAN timeout
B1506 dr. seat position timeout
B1431 FL side ABG squib open
B1421 FR side ABG squib open
B1558 OC SS control unit.
I drove the car for a month with the airbag light on, even though there was no fault, these fault codes didn’t reset on their own.
What caused the fault. I had the front seats out for cleaning, 12 volt battery disconnected.
I had to roll up the cars windows before the seats were back. Connected the battery for a minute. Didn’t start or drive the car. It had set the airbag fault. Personally, I prefer manual windows.
Thank you for your help.

Glad you were able to reset all the codes. I probably had the dealer scratching their head when my light came on a few years ago. I re-plugged both front seats thinking the connectors were loose (light came on after cleaning the car, which involves sliding the front seats around a lot).

If you think needing power to roll up the windows is bad, my Bolt must be fully powered up to roll the windows or run the wipers. It has no Accessory mode, just READY and off. At least the radio powers up on its own. :roll:

Al123 said:
Hi, I got the icarsoft i909 scanner, and it had reset all 7 fault codes for an airbag....Personally, I prefer manual windows.
Thank you for the follow-up regarding the airbag resets. Agree with you about the windows, as whenever I hear of someone drowning when a car goes into a canal or dying when unable to get out of a burning car, I can't help wondering...

Back