Weird Charging Curve

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kevin1956murray said:
I have found that calling ChargePoint and asking them to reboot that station will get the rate to return to 3kW, ...
I guess it also has the effect that the staff notice "geez, we're getting a lot of calls about low charge rate, maybe there really is something wrong that the engineers should be looking at".

I'm on a bit of a trip so I am charging at a Chargepoint EVSE I've never used before.

Both of these charges after a 30 minute highway drive so I arrived at 15%-20% SoC.

bRVjNJl.png

lrAZo5b.png

The car seems to pause the charge at 20%. The first time it was at 19% percent so it charged for a bit and shut down.

The second time it went up from 15% to 20% and then shut down.

Interestingly after 20 minutes I got a notification from Chargepoint that the car isn't drawing any current and it stopped the session. The car must have resumed charging at the same time. Even though my Chargepoint session was over the car was still charging (I see 208V/14A).

The pause really stinks. After a hard drive if you want to charge you're going to lose 20 minutes.

Back