power windows not working

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenthousandclowns

I tried to roll up all the windows at once while on chademo charging, and now all the window controls are not working, as well as the driver's power lock. . passenger power lock and remote lock still fine. So I assume it isn't the fuse. Does that door switch panel share w any other Mitsubishi?

Window lock button isn't pushed down, is it? The lock button will disable all passenger windows, even the switches on the driver's door. There might be a fuse powering the driver panel that blew, which would be a good place to start looking.

If it is the assembly, fortunately it is easy to swap out and appears to be the same one used in the Lancer, so it shouldn't have the i-MiEV premium.

tenthousandclowns said:
I tried to roll up all the windows at once while on chademo charging . . . . . So I assume it isn't the fuse.
My first inclination would be opposite, that it just might be the fuse. Maybe it was sized for 'normal operation' which would be just one or two windows at a time and doubling that current draw (all 4 windows at once, which is a pretty unusual scenario) was maybe a bit too much for it??

Anyway, that's the first place I would look - When something isn't working, try the simplest solution and work from there

Don

That's extremely odd, as the car lets you close the windows for a short period even after being turned off and the key removed. If the door lock also didn't work, then It points to the door wiring, or a short in that area... don't suppose you've had any crash damage or other repairs in that area, the windows and central locking would almost certainly be on independent fuses.... only other thing worth checking is the 12v battery.

Back