replace 8 pack cells and bms

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost128k

good morning, recently in spain we can change a eight cells plus the circuit of it´s battery pack to a peugeot ion, because the circuit was broken and all the eight lev-50 cells became to low voltage.
Then we replace the pack with a i-miev and see that the whole battery pack was 357 volts aprox.
Now the car dont turn on and lexia 3 display a error.
anyones knows if we reprogram the car bms with the circuit id of the pack?
Many thanks in advance.

You will need to use either a MUT or Lexia tool to re-number the Cell Monitoring Unit (CMU) boards.

Each module of cells (4 or 8) has a CMU board that sends cell information on a separate CAN buss from the pack to the BMU box located under the rear seat. So each CMU gets assigned a number which serves as the CAN address. If you replace a CMU board from another car it may have the same CMU number as one in your pack and this will cause a CAN buss conflict since both will be trying to respond to the same address.

It is not known if this address is stored in an eeprom or CMU controller chip memory, nor how many times it can be written or re-written to memory, so please share any details you discover in this task.

hello, we suspect that the cmu of the ion was the cause of the 8 cells gets 0,00V.
This is because with canion was not detect any issue in the "Bat status".
Now we Will mount again the old cmd and see if Works well, until see how renumber the new cmu with lexía software.
Many thanks in advace.

Ghost128k said:
hello, we suspect that the cmu of the ion was the cause of the 8 cells gets 0,00V.
This is because with canion was not detect any issue in the "Bat status".
Now we Will mount again the old cmd and see if Works well, until see how renumber the new cmu with lexía software.
Many thanks in advace.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Shame to have to do all that work for a faulty board... I wonder if it could also be a connection fault at the connector, and therefore not such a large task?

Hi,

Were the batteries actually 0v or did they actually have charge but the CMU (circuit board on the battery module) reported 0v to the battery ECU?

Some people have had issues with the voltage monitoring chip on the CMU, and have had this replaced with a new chip.

Thanks,

Gary.

Back