Should I buy a 2010-2011 i-Miev here in Brazil???

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car is doing really great! What a joy!

Check the traveled distance + range left, considering that did it all on São Paulo's chaotic and hilly stop n' go traffic (70%) and the rest of it on express lanes at ± 60km/h.

RR01.jpg

RR02.jpg

And directly from China, J1772 (Type 1) to Mennekes (Type 2) adapter. Now I can use BMW's popular L2 charging stations. :p

adapter.jpg

That's all for today.

CGauer said:
The car is doing really great! What a joy! Check the traveled distance + range left, considering that did it all on São Paulo's chaotic and hilly stop n' go traffic (70%) and the rest of it on express lanes at ± 60km/h.
(Distance travelled + RR)>(StartingRR) is a fun way of assessing driving efficiency.
CGauer said:
And directly from China, J1772 (Type 1) to Mennekes (Type 2) adapter. Now I can use BMW's popular L2 charging stations. :p
We are fortunate that China continues capitalizing on the concept of "find a need and fill it" ; for example, I have a Tesla-->J1772 adapter. Making these ourselves would be cost prohibitive.

CGauer said:

I got one of those from the UK. Not that there's BMW charging stations here, bue because it can connect to tethered Mennekes connections that exist coupled to some DC chargers (for when the DC is occupied).

Btw, how much did that cost from China?

rnlcarlov, USD 92 !

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1m-l...6-2-converter-type-1-to-type/32822908133.html

Top quality! Apparently silver plated contacts, nice cable, etc... China is getting electrified really fast. There isn't much space for a so so solution in this scenario...

Best

rnlcarlov said:
CGauer said:

I got one of those from the UK. Not that there's BMW charging stations here, bue because it can connect to tethered Mennekes connections that exist coupled to some DC chargers (for when the DC is occupied).

Btw, how much did that cost from China?

CGauer said:
rnlcarlov, USD 92 !

Nice price. But didn't you have trouble with customs? At least here stuff from China gets stopped in customs quite often, and then we have to dish out more money. I bought mine from a UK store (around 160$), but at least I didn't have surprise charges afterwards. With China would be a gamble.
Mine supports 32Amps, so that may add a bit to the price, too.

I had to pay another 50 USD of taxes, but now this is done electronically with the "Correios" thru the web. From purchase to receiving it at my door, it took 15 days. Neat!

Best

rnlcarlov said:
CGauer said:
rnlcarlov, USD 92 !

Nice price. But didn't you have trouble with customs? At least here stuff from China gets stopped in customs quite often, and then we have to dish out more money. I bought mine from a UK store (around 160$), but at least I didn't have surprise charges afterwards. With China would be a gamble.
Mine supports 32Amps, so that may add a bit to the price, too.

Another update!

I'm happy to report that now the car does charge from zero to 16 bars non-stop. The original Panasonic 50Hz "16A" EVSE cable/charger, had issues or was interrupting the charge due the frequency difference (we are a 60Hz country).

From 0 (no Turtle) to 16 bars, I managed to pump 12.5kW (8% EVSE loss already discounted on the App).

Is this good for a 2010 with just 8.000 km?

I'm really happy with the eMotorWerks JuiceBox 40 Pro w/ JuiceNet.

Carga01.jpg

So, I drove 118km with a single charge.

Carga02.jpg

Still had 3km left and the Turtle Mode didn't show up.

Carga03.jpg

Vintage place, new tech.

Carga04.jpg

JuiceBox Pro 40

Carga05.png

Charging curve, 12.5kW (discounted 8% of the EVSE loss)

Carga06.PNG

Discounted 8% EVSE loss.

Carga07.JPG

Fully charged, 120km. Not bad for the local stop and go, or the every day 100m up and down hills of the city.

Best regards

I wrote a looong article on Medium about the car...

Portuguese, sorry, but there is Google Translate for that!

https://medium.com/@cgauer/comprei-um-carro-elétrico-usado-de-8-anos-e-agora-25bf8c8a1483

Best

Nice article. Maybe you could join the portugese community of EV at nissanleafpt.com (It's a forum where we talk about all electric cars, not just nissan) and share this story.

Honestly, I expected a bit more kw pumped into the battery. At least when I charge my car on a public Mennekes charger to full, I usally pump closer to 16kWh, which considering internal charger losses matches the usable 14kWh that these cars have.
Of course with battery degradation this value will be lower, but you seem to have a pretty nice range, so it's not likely you have high degradation.

Back