Trailer Hitch Installation

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackheart said:
blackheart said:
iwatson said:
I just bought one for one of my imiev’ s and it was delivered about three weeks ago but I haven’t installed it yet. Every weekend it’s been cold wet and yucky, so I’m procrastinating until better weather arrives.

Here I am, another winter with my imiev, wanting to make some longer trips - and still don't have a trailer hitch installed, so I haven't thought any further about a pusher trailer either.... Let us know how your hitch installation goes!!!

And - to my dismay - Torklift has discontinued making the trailer hitch for the iMiev ;-(

iwatson - I can't send PM's for some reason - but I am interested. Please PM me your email or something? Thanks!!

blackheart said:
And - to my dismay - Torklift has discontinued making the trailer hitch for the iMiev ;-(

Shucks- did you call and ask? It didn't come up online after a recent website update and may be related to the returned i-MiEV hitch that I mentioned earlier in this thread, but they build 'em one at a time and certainly still have the template.

yeah, I called Torklift and I called Hitchsource up in Hood River. Torklift said that they discontinued - they didn't offer to make one. And Hitchsource said that the one that they had on their website was a mistake and they were taking it down ;-(
BUT - a user here has offered to sell me his, and it has a 2" receiver - so that is a bonus.
It seems like the last one in existence ;-(

Back