FS: 2012 I-MIEV SE $5000

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melloyello

Hey guys, I'm moving from Atlanta suburbs to downtown Chicago and planning to go car-free, so my beloved I-Miev is for sale.

2012 I-MIEV SE JA3215H10CU021118
About 55k miles
White exterior, brown interior
OEM Alloy Wheels + aftermarket MINI alloy wheels
2 keys + remote
OEM charging cable with EVSE upgrade (120V 12A or 240V 13A)
A couple parking lot dings, but otherwise in good condition for age, no accidents
Main battery replaced under warranty 10/2015 at 33k miles, range currently is good as new
Still under 10yr/100k warranty

This is a photo from 2014 showing the MINI wheels. Sorry I don't have a more recent photo, but I'm out of town currently, so I can't go take a new photo. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be back in Atlanta and moving up to Chicago the weekend of June 9, and looking to sell by then. Otherwise, it's going to carmax. Thanks!

tenthousandclowns said:
did you end up with the same size tires and wheels on the front and back?
You can't do that. You must keep the overall circumference of the back tires larger by the same amount as stock or the regenerative braking will be disabled. He used the same size wheels front and rear (15 X 5) but kept the ratio of the difference between front and rear tire sizes close to the the same as the OEM tires

His new wheels & tires and the sizes he used were discussed in this thread: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3136&start=10

Don

Wait. I hope this guy sells his i-MiEV too but didn't I post one with over 30,000 fewer miles last month for only $900 more?

macarose said:
Wait. I hope this guy sells his i-MiEV too but didn't I post one with over 30,000 fewer miles last month for only $900 more?
By golly, I believe you did!

A few minor differences - While your car has fewer miles, this car has a new traction battery, only 2 1/2 years old. He has the remote (an expensive item to get if your car doesn't come with one) and he has two sets of wheels and tires, plus an ungraded EVSE which does both 120 and 240 volts at 12 amps or better . . . . and, he's $1K cheaper, plus most of the forum members know the seller pretty well - He's been posting here for years

I'm honestly not sure which one is a better deal . . . . but having two of them, I'm obviously partial to White cars :lol:

I hope you BOTH sell your cars! :D

Don

TobyGadd said:
melloyello said:
Sold to CarMax for $2000. Farewell friends. It's been fun.

Had it been offered for $2000 on this forum, it might have sold more quickly!
It was offered here to forum members first - If someone was interested in buying it, they could certainly have made an offer and I suspect some agreement might have been reached. I'm SURE he would like to have sold it for a bit more than $2K - It would have been a bargain at twice that and once he knew CarMaxs offer, He would probably have accepted $3K or even $2500. But, if you don't ask, you'll never know

Don

i tried to buy it.

i sent him a PM on May 6th and said that i was interested to buy his car, sent my name, email and cell number, and requested the VIN, which he sent and also posted to the forum. i thought he would get in touch with me when he got back in town, but i never got a call, text or email from him.

My mistake. I replied with the VIN you requested and then didn't hear back so I thought you weren't interested. Looking back, I should have followed up more. I'd been too busy with the move recently and didn't pay enough attention.

If you're still interested, the car should still be at the CarMax in Alpharetta. You can try reaching out to them to see if they'll let you have it for a reasonable amount. If you have trouble making progress with them, let me know.

melloyello said:
If you're still interested, the car should still be at the CarMax in Alpharetta. You can try reaching out to them to see if they'll let you have it for a reasonable amount. If you have trouble making progress with them, let me know.
CarMax doesn't negotiate pricing, so I suspect that they'll list the car for ~$7000--and not budge.

kiev said:
i tried to buy it.

i sent him a PM on May 6th and said that i was interested to buy his car, sent my name, email and cell number, and requested the VIN, which he sent and also posted to the forum. i thought he would get in touch with me when he got back in town, but i never got a call, text or email from him.

I have a 2012 ES that I plan to put up for sale soon. I have been busy trying to get a house ready to sell + 1001 other chores that are all pressing. My plan is to get it vacuumed out and take some pictures then post it for sale here, craislist and cargurus. I sold another one (SE) about 5 months ago for $5000. That one only had 14,000 miles but it did not have DCFC and it was missing the remote.

The car that will be going up for sale belonged to my wife. It has about 34,000 miles on it but it does have the remote control and it's equipped with DC fast charging. 2 remote/keys included. So I think $5500 is a good price for it based on comps. Battery is in good shape, no problems. Just a few scratches (seems the i-miev paint is easy to scratch), no dents, just a few minor scratches. Seats have had seat covers on so they should be like new.

Everyone in our household (except my son) just got upgraded. I just acquired a previously owned Chevy Bolt EV w/11,000 miles on it. My daughter got my 2011 Chevy Volt, my wife switched to my daughter's 2012 SE Premium i-miev and so my wife's car is sitting idle and has to go.

Oh...my son....He won't drive an i-miev. He's afraid of the short range and he thinks the looks of the i-miev's somehow affect his man-li-hood.

PM me if you like or look for my ad with pictures soon! Hopefully this week.

Back