Help - Coolant Replenish and Air Bleed

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totovino

Hello,
I'm sorry, i'm french and my english is poor.
I come on this forum because i'm blocked by a réparation.
I have a peugeot ion, the same model than i miev.

This week, i ramed a wood pig.

The pig drilled my main radiator. I repaired it with bi componant dough, he's well repaired.

I lost much water cooling and i'm blocked to fill the circuit.

It seems to have air in the hose, i don't know how to leave it.

Could you please help me ?
We don't have many miev in France, so little help in local.

Thank you

830x532_cinq-sangliers-jetes-canal-marne-rhin-meurthe-moselle-echapper-chasseurs-pompiers-sortir-eau

:roll:

the dealer can help me to take my money

Bon Jour Totovino,

Here is a link on how to change the coolant from an online service manual:

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2012/14/html/M114200120001700ENG.HTM

Coolant Refill and air bleed

Coolant Refill

1.Prepare the required volume of coolant using a jug so as to avoid running out of coolant during the refilling and causing any damage to the water pump.

Recommended antifreeze: DIA QUEEN SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT PREMIUM or equivalent*
Quantity: 5.1 L(including 1.1 L in the radiator condenser tank)
2.Remove the radiator condenser tank cap if it is still mounted.
3.Fill the coolant to near the radiator condenser tank filler port.

4.According to either of the procedures below, start the "Coolant refilling control".

(1) Not using M.U.T.-III
.....1. Pull the parking brake lever.
.....2. Set the electric motor switch to the "ON" position.
.....3. Within seven seconds, press ASC OFF switch for the minimum of 10 times.

(2) When using M.U.T.-III
.....1. After setting the electric motor switch to the "LOCK" (OFF) position, connect the M.U.T.-III to the diagnosis connector.
.....2. Set the electric motor switch to the "ON" position.
.....3. From the system selection screen of M.U.T.-III, select "EV-ECU".
.....4. From the EV-ECU screen, select "Actuator test".
.....5. Select the item No. 3 "Water pump actuate".
5.There will be a wait time of 20 seconds after the start of "Coolant refilling control" until the actuation of water pump. During this period, hold the prepared jug, and insert the jug tip into the radiator condenser tank filler port to be ready to fill the coolant.
6.After the 20-second wait time, the water pump repeats the operation (4 seconds) and stop (30 seconds). So, refill the coolant with an amount decreased by the water pump operation.
note In a case if the prepared coolant becomes about to run out, turn the electric motor switch to the "LOCK" (OFF) position beforehand, and stop the "Coolant refilling control" (at this time, perform the work with two people).
note Including the wait time, "Coolant refilling control" will be completed within seven minutes from the start (during this period, 12 times of 4-second operation are included).
If the coolant change is not completed, or if the control is stopped during the work, the refilling can be resumed by starting "Coolant refilling control" once again.
7.Until the coolant level stops decreasing by the water pump operation, repeat the step 6 above.
note The coolant refilling will be complete in about 3 to 4 minutes.
8.For the air bleeding of cooling system, operate the water pump for the minimum of 1 minute according to either of the procedures below.

(1) Not using M.U.T.-III
.....1. Set the electric motor switch to the "START" position.
.....2. Have the Ready indicator illuminated, and maintain the READY status for the minimum of 15 minutes.
note In the READY status, the water pump operates intermittently when the coolant temperature is low.
By maintaining the READY status for 15 minutes or longer, the total duration of water pump operation will be 1 minute or longer.

(2) When using M.U.T.-III
.....1. After setting the electric motor switch to the "LOCK" (OFF) position, connect the M.U.T.-III to the diagnosis connector.
.....2. Set the electric motor switch to the "START" position.
.....3. Have the Ready indicator illuminated, and achieve the READY status.
.....4. From the system selection screen of M.U.T.-III, select "EV-ECU".
.....5. From the EV-ECU screen, select "Actuator test".
.....6. Select the item No. 9 "Water pump actuate 2".

9.Set the electric motor switch to the "LOCK" (OFF) position to stop the water pump.
10.When the coolant level in radiator condenser tank is at the "L" line or higher, the air bleeding is complete.
11.If the coolant level in radiator condenser tank is at the "L" or lower, fill the coolant to the "F" line, and then perform the air bleeding of above step 8 again.
12.Adjust the coolant level so that the coolant level in radiator condenser tank comes to near the "F" line when the water pump is stopped.
13.Securely install the radiator condenser tank cap to the lock position of radiator condenser tank (until it clicks in place).
14.Install the electric motor unit inspection lid.
15.Install the luggage compartment floor carpet.

Hi,

I have a Minicab Miev And I want to Air Bleed. But There Is no ASC OFF Switch In my Vehicle.
Is there a Any Other way to Do it Manual??

Thank you.

Back