EVs in Everyday Life

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across a Bolt yesterday; the first one I've seen in the wild. We were both adjacent to the Laurel Supercharger that neither of us can use, so I'm not counting that as "Seen at a charging station." :)

A couple weeks ago, I saw my first i3 not at an EVSE, in Silver Spring. I'd just come out of a parking garage that did have an EVSE, but I don't think it came from there. (The garage itself was interesting. There were two charging spots -- one free when I got there, the other one with a Leaf taxi. But in nearby spaces, possibly waiting, were a non-taxi Leaf, and a Fiat 500, maybe a 500e.)

I saw my second Bolt in the wild today -- a white one, at the Laurel Amish Market.

(There were a bunch of Bolts at the Drive Electric Week event in Hyattsville on Saturday, which of course doesn't count, but I was kind of impressed by how many showed up.)

There was a Spark EV leaving the Amish Market next to me yesterday (different from the one above -- that one was silver, this one black). It was funny, because just moments before, an ICE Spark was entering the parking lot while I waited at the light, and I thought, "Too bad it's not an EV." And then there was one. :)

Upon arriving home from our cross-country Tesla trip, I saw more non-Tesla EVs in one brief drive to town than I did on our entire US trip. Here, I stopped by the hardware store -

TeslaMittiFiatEVLAHdwr.jpg

JoeS said:
Upon arriving home from our cross-country Tesla trip, I saw more non-Tesla EVs in one brief drive to town than I did on our entire US trip.
That was my observation, as well. We saw more EVs between Cupertino and Sacramento than most of the rest of our trip. On that list were some that I never saw before, such as the Spark EV, e-Golf, and Soul EV. I caught a quick glimpse of an orange Roadster in San Francisco. Although they don't really count as EVs, we did see a Mirai on the way to Sacramento and an FCX Clarity at Lake Tahoe (there's hydrogen infrastructure out that way?).

The amusing sighting was the 3-4 Teslas parked at the Dentist office by the Gigafactory.

At home, the BMW i3 count is going up. Usually see one a week (although likely the same one).

Up here in Canada I don’t think I’ve never seen anything other than a Tesla or a Volt outside of a charging station.

Usually a Model S but I’ve been seeing more and more Model X lately.

I passed an i3 going the other way this morning, as I took my i-MiEV into the local Mitsubishi dealer, to finally get my recalls done. (Apparently they were done with no problem, it passed the free inspection, and I paid nothing.)

Blue Bolt at the grocery store today (the same store that often has a Leaf, though not this time). Just by chance, I parked across from it and one space over.

Been seeing red LEAFs lately. I parked next to one at Giant Eagle on Saturday, and another one passed me yesterday on the way home. I also pass a blue Model X most mornings now.

I saw my first Tesla Model 3 today, at the Amish market. At least, I think that's what it was... I didn't get too close, but that front end is distinctive.

Just starting to see a few Tesla Model 3s in Berkeley, Calif. I actually see more when I'm visiting my gal in San Mateo.
I saw 2 today on my way to the grocery store. Here's a pic of one parked in front of my i-Miev.

42863678091_b982d4802a_m.jpg

Back