Kiwi in Slovakia

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Joe, I completely ignored your question. My apologies. To answer your question, yes I was a little overly conservative as I was scared! One of the biggest problems with driving at reduced speed (90km/h or under) is that the trucks in Slovakia get up very close behind you at flash their lights at you to make you go faster. That happened a few times on the way back and it's a little unsettling. It just makes the experience that much more stressful having a big rig a few feet off your rear fender acting aggressively, but such is driving in eastern Europe. :|

I had a couple of moments where I charged above 80% on that journey but it was always forced, meaning that the car/charger stopped at 80% every time and I had to restart it. It's annoying, because I can chose "95%" on the screen, but it makes no difference; the charger will stop at 80% regardless. I can't say how much the charging cost on this particular trip (long story) but it was quite cheap. ;)

Now, some good news: now that spring has arrived I finally removed my diesel heater!
C8_ID6DXcAAi77j.jpg

It feels good to get it out of the car. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love that it keeps me warm for free (I still have a couple of litres of diesel left!) and that it doesn't impact my car's range... but I don't like the fact it burns diesel.

I know, I know, it's nowhere near as bad as an internal combustion engine, but still... I dunno, I feel dirty.

JoeS said:
Wonderful that you have a partner who is such a good sport!
I kept thinking the same thing while watching the video. Luckily, I married a gal like that too - She's usually up for just about any of my harebrained schemes. 'Ordinary life' isn't that much fun without a few of these offbeat excursions thrown in, though I'm sure not everyone would agree

Don

Watching Kiwi's early videos were also one of the things that 'pushed' me over the edge and get my little miev. Thanks for all of your great videos!!

KiwiEV, Thanks for sharing your videos. I have been enjoying them very much and I have learned a lot watching your adventures.

Your fun humor, your facts and information, and the adventures are great. Your wife really is a saint to endure some of this! Please keep the videos coming. They are making a difference. It has been your videos that helped redirect me back to the i-Miev and I am considering buying one because of your efforts.

So do you have a special case or some sort of bullet proof container where you store your "Hitler socks" when they are not needed during the warmer times of the year? ROFL

Malcolm, that's the nicest thing I've read in a long time. Thank you. I'm really glad the videos have been entertaining and useful for you. I still don't know why I do them. I make no money out of them, and I couldn't make them regularly enough to make any money off them, so they're just a "creative outlet" for me I guess!

I'm working on a new video now, which is almost 50% complete. The second half will be recorded next weekend and then edited and uploaded a couple of days after that, with luck. People often tell me "Make another one!" but you wouldn't believe how long it takes to make those videos! Months beforehand I have a notebook where I jot down ideas as they come to me (normally during boring meetings or while stuck in traffic), then I have to write a script for narration and organise the clips. Then there's the video recording, which is done when things happen organically, then there's the narration & editing, then comes creating the video "montage" in software and finally choosing music that fits the tempo, mood and space available in the given scene. I'm embarrassed that I'm attempting to make myself out to be a Hollywood director which of course I'm not, but it takes a lot of time, planning and work. I only ask (read: plead) that people share the videos when they're done. That's the satisfaction I crave!

Speaking of the next video, it's been taking to long to make because I couldn't think of what to do next that hasn't already been done, but then I came up with a brilliant idea while sitting at a cafe last week. I can't give too much away (it's spoil the surprise) but it should be one of the most entertaining EV videos yet. I hope it's well received. Speaking of which, I have to go and adhere a harmonica to the car now - as you do. Thanks again for the kind words! :D

Back